Sheepers' RA28 Celica

mikuni

Ive read through your threads and you do some amazing work, your vehicles are awesome bro. i am about to start pulling the engine out of my donor car for the swap into my te72 corolla and i am not the best about factory wiring, i can do standalones but im trying to retain the factory ecu as you did. do you have any advice as to what all i should pull when i pull the factory harness, do i need the lexus relays and fuse box? im just lost on that part and i cant find a write up anywhere. thank you for any advice.

cheers man.

as far as the wires go i reckon you will cause yourself more hassle than its worth trying to keep the fusebox and relays. you only need a few fuses and a few relays to get everything working on the motor. i reckon its easier and tidier using aftermarket stuff.

there is a thread on her entitled "how to wire a 1uz" i haven't read it for a while but I'm sure you'll find some pretty useful information in there and its a good place to ask questions if you get stuck.

if you've done re-wiring of a UZ before then you'll know they are pretty basic, the factory computer and loom isn't very complex.

good luck with it man and get a build thread up so we can have a gawk at your project.

sheepers.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

will do man, i will go look for that thread and start reading, i want to be driving this thing with some power, the stock 3tc is miserable. i was also wondering, not that it really matters but what kind of fuel economy you seeing?

with the link its pretty good, around 11l per hundy on the open road. anything up to 14 if you fang it around town.

can't remember what it was doing with the stock computer but it was way worse.

i really, really can't recommend the link G4 enough. its jut a different motor with the link.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest sheepers

hey man.

not a lot happening with the supercharger. im making a manifold for it out of a solid billet at work and i have to wait until there is a machine free before i can work on it. ive roughed it out but there is still a few hours machining required yet.

and to be honest im spending 130% of my time on the crown so i dont do much on it.

its not dead though, far from it, it'll happen and you'll know when it does...........

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...