Thousand [2150?] Dollar Supercar's 1988 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7QV

V8Pete

Guest kyteler

I have to say, I'm pretty excited that I get to share the track with this mighty steed. The staple NATS video camera car. Cool bananas.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Thousand Dollar Supercar

PREVIOUSLY the staple Nats video camera car. But why would I cable-tie a tripod with a point-and-shoot to the Alfa when someone else can just tape a Gopro to their car and get far better video? I'm happy to be abandoning unofficial official camera duties at last.

• 3 weeks later...

I only have the two sets for my 33 (road tires and semis). I'm not a wheel hoarder.

There's a red 33 being wrecked on Trademe at the moment though: http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/other-accessories/auction-585784754.htm

If you're keen on those wheels for some reason, you could borrow my spare to check fitment before buying?

• 4 years later...

HighLUX: Yep. That's the price of lightweight construction - hit the kerb and even the roof gets just a little damaged. If I had some panelbeaters put the car on a chassis pulling machine, the chassis rail would probably pull right off. ;)

It was always going to take an accident (my fault or someone else's) to force me out of this car. Otherwise I'd still be inserting coins into it when I'm 90.

V8Pete: My carbs are worth something because they're 40mm, but probably not my gearbox because 1700cc cars have the tallest gearing. Assuming anyone is still building race Alfas this old, I believe they covet the high ratio diffs from 1200cc Suds.

• Like 2

I clicked like because of an update. But sadface at you killing it. You naughty, naughty boy.  Oh I can just picture how red your face must have been as Dingo driver continued driving past at 1kph and gave you his best old man 'tut tut..that'll learn ya'  face.

You should at least keep the engine and box plus any other nice bits in case you find another suitable Alfa size hole in the ground to throw money at?

• 3 years later...