Yowzer's '72 MS65 Crown

Flippy

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
I would go with a twin screw blower off those mazda miller cycle motors, I think that is what bubbles has, they are similar to the lysholm.

Yah I already have one of those, the problem with them is they have some wack carbon oil seal design on them that is non-servicable and shit. I haven't checked mine out to see what state it's in yet, but I'll probably give it a whirl anyway.

i noticed you have some power steering stuff there. what is that out of? And have you mounted it up yet?

That stuff came off a MS65, although I don't know if it's factory MS65 stuff or from a later model crown. No I haven't bolted it on yet. I also have some later model stuff from a MS110.

What bits have you got left from 1UZ out of burnt out crown??

Mate's claimed it for dummy purposes. I'd say only the block is salvagable, but it's probably full of water now.

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Supercharger on mazda eunos etc miller cycle engines are lysholm / IHI twin screw. You could possibly just spin it a bitquicker, they tend to have rather flat performance curves, from memory. Could be cheaper boost, and a proper compressor, not just a blower (more efficient).

My math worked out at around 7-8psi spinning the charger to its redline at 6.5k rpm engine speed, although other (in)efficiencies will of course play a part.

I might use it, I might use a M90, dunno. M90 is easier in regards to mounting and plumbing coz of self contained oil.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...