kpr's starlet

ratt

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sweet, was pretty stoked how it went. anyway, almost time to let someone else have a burn on this thing. as front ride height suggests, ive already robbed parts for the white whale on the right

Pic_0007aaa.jpg

• 5 months later...

haha. yeh could do man, gotta see what material is available. hopefully don't have to go to a solid round.

plan was to lathe the outlet of the throttle round. then spin up insert that probably presses in. sounds like the hard way to do it. but i'd rather keep the rest of the throttle factory, than machine out st throttles to take the blacktop plate.

will hit up ulrich catalog shortly see whats available

That makes sense. Only idea I had come up with was to use a resin or something to fill the kidney shape, then machine it back to perfectly round. My idea would be shit if the resin doesn't hold and gets sucked into a port though :lol:

I didn't realise machine the throttle first is required. Maybe I'll just flag and continue trying to bodge something up/not do anything and just deal with a crappy intake manifold with a sweet flat spot.

i actually filled one of mine with devcon awhile back. was gonna machine it out, as you say. but decided against that idea.

looks like can get a 50mm x4 or 50mm x6 tube. either would work and wouldn't need much machining. but thats if they have it / will only sell 5m length. if can get hold of something like that shouldn't be too much work

machined the throttles back to the 45mm part. which was about 11mm from exit. then machine insert on 1 degree taper back to the exit. i think they ended up around 44mm at exit. maybe a little bigger. i cant remember! you could make them what ever size you like though. stuff i used for insert was 50 x 6mm, so 38mm id.