kpr's starlet

ratt

Its been a while but I had the chance to be a passenger in this thing again last weekend (first time it had no doors and the seat had one bolt).  I like the fact as a passenger you come away with bruises from KPR's flailing arms from battling to drive this thing. So much win.

• Like 1

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Haha that's it^,  I like to be the underdog. so downgrading to a 3s.

Have tried some megaphones on my old setup.  didn't see any benefits.  so going to go with the same 2.5" straight collector, like on current extractors for now.    other than primary diameter, new ones will be basically the same .   38.1 vs 44.5  od

i have no idea. given up trying to predict what this thing does haha.  Thats why im trying not to change too much at once.  will do some before and after logs to see whats going on, then go from there..

should have around 100mm of straight  before the collector, so if i get keen enough to tune the length better, can chop the pipes back and slide collector back on.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Posting graphs in your project thread

n04oplsp.b00.jpg

So thoughts on the new manifold, keep it or go back to the other one?

Or cant really tell outside of the cam timing differences yet.

Off topic but I saw this really awesome article where a guy somehow measured the strength of exhaust pulse over a single cycle, will try find it

• Like 2

They gonna look pretty hanging on the wall, with the 5km worth of light gold coloration.

I initially thought they  were slightly better through the midrange,  as first compared to a log just pre cambelt issue.   but  down low was pretty big losses and felt real lazy at part throttle. so swapped back to the old ones to see what the deal was. with a back to back run.

what looked like the midrange gain, is what im assuming is cam timing issue.  as the old extractors matched the afr.   13.4afr  up from the usual 12.8

so yeah, no gains anywhere just big  losses below 5000rpm.     on the wall they go.

that log is the new vs old about 2 hours apart, no other changes. 

• Like 1

in the "log file manager" just click the box beside the log you want to overlay to current log.    drag the time line a bottom of log window to align them.

yeh would have to pull 20% fuel in places to bring the afr back to normal.    even the cruise/light throttle had dropped from 15's  to 13's 

interestingly  its pretty much the same hole (placement and depth of said hole about same)  it had when it was getting reversion, due to small exhaust.   but if i recall correctly the reversion  didn't effect the part throttle stuff much at all.

• Like 1

Hey man was trying to pm you but it says you can't receive messages. couple of questions anyway, I want to put a quick rack in my rally kp61, did you use one of the Quaife ae86 racks from palmside? What mods did you have to do to make it fit? Also I'm just building coilovers at the moment using the standard struts, you said they are pug rotors you have on yours, what model of pug? And what calipers are you using up front? Do they fit under a 13" rim? Did you just fab those brackets for the calipers or did you draw them and get them cut? All of the questions. Cheers