kpr's starlet

ratt

haha should look into getting them full variable instead of two stage, check the picks of the mazda lemans 26B uses what looks like a electric window motor and a cable and pulley system I would post the pics up but there huge!

787B stuff

Would be a prick to setup I'd say plus would need countless hours on the dyno but dreams are free

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha spence thinks you should make it more complicated. I was thinking it might not be worth it because its too complicated even just being 2 stage. Fucken awesome idea though, should work pretty well.

How does the wiper motor control it and does it drop down instantly or is there a delay?

i knows shit all bout engines really but just throwin an idea i had out there. couldn't you have like some kind of MAP sensor to adjust the runners? like wouldn't you have lower pressures at idle or when you take your foot off so you would lengthen then up to get the air speed and when your hauling it down a back straight or something you'd have higher pressures shortening them right up. dont know what the effects of having a quickly adjustable runner length would do to your air flow so id say you want it to move quite smoothly but still with reasonable speed hence wiper motor.

yuh just an idea bag it all you like :D

but very nice car dude, made to an excellent standard dude.

they need to follow rpm, as the frequency of the pressure waves change at diffrent rpm. but arent effected much by manifold pressure.

hah yeh complicated enough as it is. have been times when setting it up where i felt like ripping it all off, and throwing my test trumpets back on, becuse they look cooler

Pic_0010quadsv1.jpg

wiper is on a cam setup. so the runners cycle. the micro switchs you can see. tell the link if they are at the top, or the bottom. link just turns the wiper motor on, if they are in the wrong place for the rpm the engine is at. till the right micro switch is switched.

its set on normal wiper speed :D i had it on fast to start with. but it would overshoot. since the wipermotor takes a littlewhile to stop. it actually works better going a bit slower anyway. as in the lower gears it acts kinda like a full variable setup. higher gears it sound like vtec (yeh gay) nar just changes note a bit

yeh it dies pretty quick up top if set on the long lenght. and its more of a sack at lower revs than usual if they are at the short lenghth.

can see the change in air/fuel ratio as well when tuning it. gets rich spots if the runners are disabled

yea thats a mean setup you have, the pic you showed is the 26B thats in that link I put up which made the page to wide and gay. Yamaha has a two stage setup on there bikes now where instead of the trumpets retracting in length they pull 'in half' sort of to give a shorter trumpet its pretty cool. Wasnt saying to implement the veriable trumpet idea brad just saying its cool! and if I owned dyno it would be mean to setup for a hp or two!

• 3 weeks later...

I really like the look of the car on those 16's aye. I know they aren't oldschool or 15" but they really tidy it up, the colour suits the paint and they make the little lip on the front fit into place a little better than on older style wheels.

yeh they are growing on me. thinking of getting some of these for it in 15x7

p1_racing_II_plus_gold.jpg

the diff and hub work done to it, means it can only use fwd offset. so oldshool dished rims arent gonna happen.

the lip is off a mates ep71 si. that he left at my house too long, :D

Those P1's look mean aswell. Something about the no dish on it looks cool though. Ahwell I think anything in the kind of colour/style you are looking at will look great on it.

What's the lip from btw? Giving me ideas....

I'll give you an idea.. lower it! :rolleyes::P

• 9 months later...