kpr's starlet

ratt

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I tested it with a crappy supercheap compression tester awhile back  before put the trd head gasket on it.   130 , 130, 100, 130.     can only assume its worse now.  with factory cams, no body home on 3 at idle.  with the bigger cams idles like junk anyway so easy to ignore.

end game is to build the long rod engine properly.  with the head off the 150kw engine along with vvti.   around atlantic 4age numbers  but with a massive power band and reliable is the goal.  looks doable at this stage

turd will be coming out soon,   and in the meantime will be putting 150kw engine back in.  probably put a vvti setup on it also

8 minutes ago, Stu said:

We need a video of the blue plumes from outside the back of the shed

Too many bits of pistons and rings coming out the exhaust, might break my camera

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Are you sure you want to run that clutch plate on a street car?

Unsprung clutches are generally not advised for street driving as the start/stop loosens the rivets holding the clutch plate to the hub.

And they work the input shaft wearing it.

So the manufacturer I talked to only advised using it for drag cars.

On the flip side,

• your right it should help the synchro's due to the weight
  • my mechanic runs unsprung on all their rally cars and has no issues, but they also run sequentials most of the time.
  • Like 1

Can get 3 puck with sprung centre next time maybe? 

I just ended up down a rabbit hole drooling over exedy carbon r clutch. I reckon you could do a carbon conversion if you find something the correct diameter. Assuming there isn't an off the shelf option. 

Screenshot_20220909_082849.jpg

Screenshot_20220909_090509.jpg

^ That's because it was a 16v back then.   20v  not enough jam to break current one

Will see how it goes.  no big drama to swap to something else. was just the easiest and cheapest way to pull weight out of it. 

almost pulled trigger on one of these,but cheaped out.    has sprung center single plate

orc.jpg.447acd754a35a868a3516e44283d9ac5.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

should be about 12.6:1 .  but have never measured super accurate.

Its running 11.3:1 pistons,   with head skim and thin gasket to up compression and tighten squish.  not a fan of the pointy dome pistons available for them.

it'll make those numbers on 95 pump gas. because "street car"

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...