Nobumps' 1970 Isuzu Bellett

nobumps

So got this bellett was guna drive it home to whangarei but decided to trailor it. Thank god cause prob would of made it to motorway and not much futher.

Back barakes all seized up, have fixed them had a look at why overheating, pulled of thermostat housing no thermostat! not a good sign so been pulled apart and this is what we have found.

pumpcopypx9.jpg

mmm nice wasnt quite leaking yet but would of been no good for the circulation.

So of came the head

]headcopyoa7.jpg

lovley, cant beleive this thing has been used as a daily!!

allmost no water flow

]head2copyzw0.jpg

]blockcopylq1.jpg

so here the fun begins almost imposible to track down water pump let alone a head set or something to match but have located a pump and going to get gasket duplicated

anyway brad heres my gasket

]gasketcopyma2.jpg

and heres a copy of the g161 apparently

]gasketg161vr4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

not much progress on this front but found a head gasket (aj150) that is going to work the bore is slightly bigger which means goint to have to get water galleries cleaned up and welded so the gasket doesnt blow. also need to get the head skimmed then we can whack it all back together hopefully for the weekend and i can go nuts and get it ready for os nats. Yeah!!!

So got this car back friday nite took it straight home into the garage, And the fun begins.

P6080210.jpg

Put it up on stands and pulled out all the suspension and stripped the car down ready for paint prep on saturday.

P6080213.jpg

P6080214.jpg

Saturday morning shot down and got tyres removed of the rims then went and matched up some springs and also hunted for a roof rack with no luck.

Sanded down car ready for paint, no need to repair dents as will add so called "character" to car.

P6090216-1.jpg

P6090215-1.jpg

Car all painted that is all for the day time to get otp.

*Note paint looks funny under unatural light looks orange

P6090217.jpg

P6090218.jpg

P6090219.jpg

Sunday reasembled car and cleaned up all the chrome, sanded down wheels and sprayed on sum red oxide, also measured up suspension and trail fitted.

P6100220.jpg

P6100223.jpg

Just waiting on getting tyres and clip-ons fitted then i can lower it down and see how she sits and adjust to suit, also some pinstriping and old style signwriting on the doors, also some descrete sounds for the cruise down to the os nats.

That is all for now.

• 2 weeks later...

So yeah been usless do to being to lazy and then vey ill in weekend not hung either.

But got bored last nite and tidied up some of my badges and also another pinstripe.

LOGOUNFIN.jpgBefore

LOGOFIN.jpgAfter

VENT.jpgBefore

VENTFIN.jpgAfter

BACKPIN.jpg

Also been susing out my radical lever! due to time running out as im leaving wednesday night now just whacked the standard knob back on for now.

lever.jpg

• 1 month later...

So some much needed lowering was done last nite unfortunitly it hasnt worked out to well looks good but handles about as good as giving sheepers a low fat pie! and thats not good! after another look the bottom arms are sitting on the sway bar hmm so some fine tuning needed. Will need to lift front up a fraction and probaly drop back just a wee bit more.

bellettlowered.jpg

bellettlowered2.jpg