Romans COD piece

Guest Truenotch

Get 'er done man! I want to see this car more often :P . Also, who cares about having it completely finished... You don't need trim or interior to have fun.

And also, can you throw up some raw trackday footage?

• Like 1

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Roman

Yeah I've got a 4 day weekend coming up for Anzac day onwards, so going to get stuck into sorting out some odd bits and pieces on the carina then. I think I need to fit a rear seat belt and a few other random things like that.

In the meantime I've been smashing through getting the vid sorted, with any luck I might have a (members only, contains shenanigans) version of the osnats vid out tonight or tomorrow.

Once that's sorted I'll cut down to a second (public friendly) version and then after that I will upload some of the other trackday footage bits and pieces etc which arent in the main vids.

• Like 1

Guest shaneo

Looks great just use it and don't worry about the speedo they hardly even take them for a very big drive now days there far to busy having to drive instead of looking around as long as it moves should slip past.

• Like 1

Guest Roman

Haha yeah, will see how it goes.

Thanks heaps for taking me for a hoon around on the opening laps of the trackday! Was heaps of fun, I bet that car is awesome to drive around the track at full noise.

Argh awesome!

Thanks man I would be super stoked about that!

It seems there just arent any left in the North Island anymore, except for a few at Horopito apparently.

Let me know if the bidding gets higher than you're willing to go, I'd top you up with some extra cash for bidding id need be, if it meant I could get some of the outside trim and a few other random bits I've been wanting for ages.

Another thing I havent been able to find is the hinge between the two rear seats, it's a part that's specifc to the two door carinas.

• 4 months later...

No disputing that looks ultra sweet.

However driveway at my new house makes any slammage impossible, need planks of wood to get it up the drive as is.

After this is certed I'm not planning to do anything further to it, apart from tending to maintenance and breakages.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

the ps and manual rack would be the same length anyway no?  I say leave it how it is and get the alignment done.  the static toe out isn't going to be helping and will make it feel pretty horrible.

go see tarran at tyretech

I did a check on toyodiy.com, and the PS rack does have a different part number for the tie rod ends. So possibly it has the ball joint spaced down a little lower maybe?

Yeah the castor/camber/toe/everything is a mess at the moment, it might be a combination of all of these things being incorrect causing the problems.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey so I just checked my spark plugs as it's been back to running rough as guts, and two out of four had cracked porcelain. 

They were $$$ platinum plugs too without toooo many kms on them, bugger!

I've swapped them in and out a fair bit though in fairness so I might have overtightened them or knocked them or something I guess.

I have swapped back to some cheapo plugs until I can figure out why it's running like crap, but then still running like crap after the spark plug swap.

I've recently swapped out an injector that appeared to stop working, and now after a drive the OBD is showing that the ECU is adding 20% fuel across the board (maximum it can adjust) and it's still running lean as hell according to the plugs condition.

So I'm suspecting that I've probably got a blocked fuel filter, or a failing fuel pump.

Possibly on account of that it's just a random TA63 fuel tank I bought without cleaning out or whatever, probably has a whole heap of crap in it.

Does anyone have any experience with cleaning out fuel tanks? 

I'll do some troubleshooting to see if it's a blocked fuel filter etc, but it likely comes back to an issue with crap in the fuel tank, or the fuel pump being zillions of old and giving up. pooz :(