Romans COD piece

Fuel that came out of the rail, looks like fuel.

Fuel that came out of the 'before' side of the filter, looked like Ranui creek water lol.

At least the fuel pump seems okay though!

Looks as though the wizard magic detergents in 98 octane done their job a little too well when I filled up the tank haha.

I was Soooo close to getting a WOF and now this haha... Will need to drop the tank over the weekend, before I can take it for a wof again.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I asked my old man about it, he says he's got a few tricks for cleaning out tanks really well as he had to do the same on his truck.

So hopefully a hearty clean and she'll be good to go!

But will need to assess once I've dropped the tank out I guess.

Oh yeah one other thing, this might be why one of my injectors packed up... Does anyone know anywhere in the Penrose area to get them tested and cleaned?

Cheers

Yeah that's what I tried for starters - Took it to Penrose Automotive who to their credit were VERY thorough and came up with some issues that needed tending to which I resolved. But they werent willing to budge on the exhaust noise issue, said I needed paperwork from cert man or VTNZ before they would allow it.

Which sucks as it's not all that loud.

No hard feelings towards Penrose Automotive though, I would take my daily driven car there for a wof for sure.

It just ended up easier going elsewhere for this. At least until I get a quieter exhaust.

But, that's how I ended up at the VTNZ.

Mate. So glad my cert man also gave me a wof.

All my wheel nuts are mismatched and I'm well under 100mm too. Haha

For the exhaust. The dynomax super turbo muffler I am using makes it so super quiet. May be worth looking at if you don't like it noisy?

I'd chuck a wideband on it and check fueling on load to be sure. you might have to re-set fuel pressure lower with the bigger injectors so it runs proper AFR on load, then let the ecu richen it back up where it's 02 sensor can read properly on idle/cruise

Or maybe I'm full of shit lol

Cheers Richie!

I've since eliminated 95% of the fuminess  (put some carpet down in the back, replaced rear hatch seal, put some rubber bungs in some of the body holes)

So it's much nicer, will take you for a dooort v2.0 some time soon.

Haha yep a lot better since then.

Have fixed about half a dozen squeaks and rattles, handling much better, engine running a LOT better and the exhaust sounds better when the motor isnt running rough as guts.

Getting exhaust redone this week so its got more ground clearance and sounds a bit nicer hopefully.

Then just on to tidy up type tasks like fitting all of the external trim properly, hiding some wiring in the cabin etc etc. Feelsgoodman.jpg

yeah that could be a good plan Ned. I just need to get the remote sorted to switch the camers off and on first though as its already awkward to reach.

althouugghhh having it centred means you dont see one side of the windscreen looking bigger than the other with a wide angle lense which sooths my photo nerd ocd :P

• Like 1