Romans COD piece

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't need to make everyone happy, just us :D And you're succeeding as far as I can see. Progress has been a little while coming but it looks to be going back together well now the paints on there. Very good to see. Can't wait to see it out on the track.

Yeah it's been a long time coming!

Have just been balls deep in a financial epic fail for about the last year and a bit, no $$$ to spend on the car.

It's exciting how little there actually is left to do until the friggen thing actually not only LOOKS like a car, but is actually a car that I can drive! Who'd have thought! haha.

CAN NOT WAIT to start hitting trackdays and get the suspension sorted out from here. 8)

The most satisfying thing about trackdays is always improving on your times, not necessarily just the times that you're doing compared to anyone else.

I think there'll be a lot of room for tweaking things to improve it, compared to whatever sort of setting I have it at for starters.

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Cheers! Was stoked to have it out there, was cool that we just gave it death all day with no major issues.

I doubt the 4 link is binding up, it is all just standard length arms and standard rubber bushes apart from rose jointed panhard rod.

Plan from here is:

-sort out brake bias

-softer rear springs / fit rear swaybar

-rear tires that arent 6 years old

-get a wheel alignment

Which should make a world of difference.

I'm not unhappy that it wasnt handling mega super ultra awesome, because it's fun making changes as you go, and seeing the improvements. 8) (or lack thereof)