Romans COD piece

If you are running the TA63 struts, Nissan 4 pots are a virtual bolt on. Search through Toymods. Need 15's for the R32's to clear or bigger for R33's.

Callum

Which means Subaru, FC-FD RX7 and Mitsi GTO will bolt on to.

again 15" minimum

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It turns out that when I lowered my car back down off the jack last time, the sump was actually sitting on the trolley jack. I thought it wasnt quite as low as it should be with those springs! lol. when I pulled the jack out, it sat at a much better looking height.

Hooray, now that's two out of two cars that I own, which are impossible to get a bloody jack under! :x

It also looks like my sump is going to sit slightly lower than my crossmember, which is 10 different kinds of gay. I might have to make a sump gaurd to protect it.

• 1 year later...

Awesome man. Finally! haha its sounding mean though, even if most shit does on videos with no muffler.

Where did you get your intake from? I'd be so keen for that. Would be far better than open throttles.

With a lot of trial and error, I made it hahaha.

It's an aluminium plate that bolts onto the throttles before the trumpets, then the box over the top is made from fibreglass.

I made that by making the shape out of expanding spray foam stuff, fibreglassing over the top and then pulling the foam out afterwards.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine goes under the diff.I downsized from 3" to 2.5" in the weekend and it fits really well, all I run is 1 RPS turbo flow style muffler just before the diff, then a flange and stainless tail pipe that takes it where it needs to go from there. It does mean you will have less clearance under there but that shouldn't matter too much.

How much muffler space is there under the floor?

yeah under the diff for sure! try get it as close to the centre of the diff as possible. Make sure you have shorter shocks so the diff wont droop down too far onto the exhaust when it's jacked up.

If you have done most of your suspension work already, shocks have been replaced, springs are done etc etc I would suggest going under the diff like mine. If you are still looking at doing diff upgrades, change shit every now and then, and generally piss around with it, I would stil suggest going underneath, but be very careful that you consider all scenarios of what you want to do with it and be sure that you can still access everything easily with it under there.

To get my right side spring out I need to drop the panhard rod, the exhaust mounts off, lower the exhaust, undo the shock, lower the diff, then remove spring. Its a lot more hassle now than it was before, but in saying that, I don't think I would be able to have the ride height and travel that I do if I had of gone over the diff. Plus the end goal is for size exit anyway, so hopefully in ten years it won't matter at all.

• 1 year later...

Aaaahhhhh yes to answer your question about 2 years late, goes over the diff :lol:

Was a real prick of a thing, basically has another 90 degree bend now so its facing back to the muffler.

Pretty loud with a straight through fibreglass pack thing muffler in the middle, and standard rear altezza muffler.

Might try make it a bit quieter yet.

But yep finally painted and stoked about that 8)

You should put a link to this thread in the project thread so I don't have to wait for you to bump it to say

HELL YES.

Cheers man! Cant wait to get this on the road.

Okay will put a link in there haha.

Yeah Lowlancer, its a bit of a greeny gunmetal beige sorta colour, its a bit lighter in colour than it looks in the pics IRL.

Bit more beige than green or grey.

Just trying to explain the colour to friends, they are all wondering why I am not painting it bright red or purple or something...

But, each to their own. :)

Will take some pics in the sun tomorrow when I go pick the car up from the booth. 8)