Romans COD piece

On 18/02/2019 at 17:22, Stu said:

I personally feel we've steered too far away from the raw beauty that is a Roman vs MS Paint graph.  

The majesty is there with solidworks, but the raw emotion has been lost.

It's not a graph, but, its MSpaint used for something MSpaint shouldnt be used for. Which is in keeping with the spirit of things.

1187210766_boxlayout.PNG.411d27cd185fcdcc6c8bf342bc086ed7.PNG

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for setting out the FP versus injector duty cycle considerations. That was an interesting read. The external AFR option, usually mounted remotely to the fuel rail is also a space hog.  Prefer something neat and OEM like the Bosch 4 Bar FPR.  Might work for you if your current direction of travel with more injector duty time etc etc doesn't play out

https://www.bosch-motorsport-shop.com.au/fuel-pressure-regulator-4bar   

Probably wont work in your application but this site offers a Bosch Regulator housing adapter that is designed for  the Bosch FPR. There are probably similar offerings out there. 

https://www.kainjection.com/product-page/bosch-regulator-housing-adapter

• Like 1

Hey that's cool! Thanks for that. 

Someone also pointed out to me that the LS1 FPR, although it sits externally, is a factory 60PSI one. 

In factory form it sits close to the gas tank and feeds a dead head fuel rail, so it's kinda like what Toyotas etc do internally inside the tank. 

I'm confident that it'll be fine with the lower pressure though, as the factory Redtop 3S injectors are a slightly lower CC rating and from factory runs at 43psi. 

• 3 months later...

True, but I would prefer to keep the simplicity of packaging and troubleshooting that you get with coil on plug. 

This will be very close to the point of sump hitting crossmember anyway.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I'm mcloving the direction this is going! Please be successful with a V6 transplant cause I sure as hell wasn't haha.

Regarding the 2GR and 4GR block height, you'll probably find they are the same height and the piston wrist pin height will be different between the two to accommodate difference in stroke while using the same rods. It would be easier (read: cheaper) for Toyota to change this piston wrist pin height between the 2GR and 4GR than it would to make two different block castings, lower inlet manifold and coolant crossover pipe etc.

• Like 2

Nice, know some ex Toyota Australia people that think the 2GR is one of the best motors Toyota has made and the 4GR is just less capacity.

Apparently they make ok power with a intake and exhaust change as the factory stuff is restricted and they run factory rich 

I know you'll do your magic though, hoping for DBW ITBs again :)

Some Hiluxs had the v6 as well so may be able to use a RWD box from that family.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AllTorque said:

Are you aware some 2GRs have direct and port injection? Perhaps this could be adapted to your 4GR. Supercharger kits are also popular on the 2GR :wink:

Yeah, but it looks like since they have a top mounted injector they have more of a bend in the port. 

So I'll mount injectors high up anyway, as need to remake intake either way. 

The main problem with DI only is going to be finding non sludgey intakes, will be interesting to see what this motor is like. Has 110,000km.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fuel said:

I'm mcloving the direction this is going! Please be successful with a V6 transplant cause I sure as hell wasn't haha.

Regarding the 2GR and 4GR block height, you'll probably find they are the same height and the piston wrist pin height will be different between the two to accommodate difference in stroke while using the same rods. It would be easier (read: cheaper) for Toyota to change this piston wrist pin height between the 2GR and 4GR than it would to make two different block castings, lower inlet manifold and coolant crossover pipe etc.

Hmmmm maybe, that would be good/bad news. 

Bad news because it would mean a heavier piston, but good news that if I do make some pistons and rods, could use an even longer rod.

I cant use dual E-throttle unless I use some sort of canbus arrangement, but two of something like this would be sweet.

This bike makes 150hp with 3cyl, so its at least capable of 300 with a 6. 

Picture 1 of 2

• Like 1