Mint69 mk2 tina

Gaz

not every ones thing but the oval badge was the only one i had that wasnt too big and filled in the 2 holes where the automatic badge used to be. exhuast wise, it pays not too go too big as it makes it sound shit. general rule is to go with watever size pipe comes out the extractors or only a fraction bigger to make it look better. Not expecting everyone to like it but its different and its tidy so im happy.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

may as well post one of the better photo's i took of my car parked up. Have changed the tyres on the front since that photo. Didnt handle very nice at all with 175 70's on the front so went for some 185's but would ideally like to go even bigger something like a 205 of even a 215. Have also removed ugly ford badge off boot and replcead it with a ford oval sticker as it looks much better. Have also installed hella green led's in the grill which I have already been pulled over for but luckily for me their hooked upto a switch so got out of a compliance notice.Carby has been tuned to suit the 1600 seeing as it was off a 2ltr. Also put some new chrome headers on as the old ones were warped and made a nice tickin noise when i put a good load on them goin up hills.Still a work in progress as at the end of the year im hopefully guna strip it again and re paint it as there's a few small areas that could be better and looking to deck out the boot with new a new floor above the fuel tank and deck it out with some perspex and carpet with a ford logo and led's in there somewhere and a few other bits and peices. Looking at eventaully putting it on some 15x7's with some dish to make it handle that much better and in between times want to replace all the door rubbers and front windscreen seal and other rubber items. Anyone who's got any ohter thoughts or ideas towards makin it look or go better feel free to leave any comments.

Cortinafront4.jpg

EnginePic2.jpg

Cortinarear1-1.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...

better put some updated pics of my mk2 , still spending money on it as we all know they are never finished. just finsihed some more detail work in the engine bay with new chrome wire loom sleeving and chrome caps for all the bolts. first week in Feb it will be getting a 4 speed floor change put in and the column change coming out as it wont stop leaking and i've had my fun with that so time for a floor change, also going to be putting wider Gt drums on the back, got a polished and painted alternator off a mitsi to go on so i can ditch my lucas ones as I havnt had a god run with them lately. also going to be gettig a dynaliner kit for under bonnet to tidy up that some more so will post pics of that for anyone interested, also have a chrome thermostat housing i picked up off trademe new that was for a 55 chev but has the same diamter as the crossflow thermo housing, just needs the bolts holes die grinded a bit to fit. feel free to ask any questions for those interested if your wanting to know where I got bits from or anything else you want to know re the cortina. thats about it for now.

Cortinasofar.jpg

Enginebay1.jpg

Enginebay3.jpg

cheers mate, Havnt ben too worried about it so far as it isnt a wof issue but for the fact that if it falls over and shorts out something i should probably do that. yeah you get the bug once you start workin on them. havnt stopped workin on mine all the 4 and a bit years i've had it. Cars going to be at the Cromwell car show on the 23rd of Jan if you wana do a roadie :D . In saying that tho the 4 day rangiora show will pull a big crowd on the same day and weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

cheers guys, yea I waited about 6 months to get it in the classic ford mag from the uk but its finally good to see it in there. It does need lowered but i think only at the front, plans are to compress springs or something like that to bring front down so the car sits level as im happy with where the rear end sits for now plus also live in a hilly area in dunedin with a bastard of a driveway so any lower and id have to park on the street so no deal there, Just the new kings i put on the front lifted it up a bit and the low option dropped it 120mm more and they were loose and could be moved while sitting in the strut so was no way i was guna roll with them so sent them back and went with standard option, Doesnt look to appealing height wise but it sticks to the road real nice ae, cant fault it. Back home at the mo workin on it, put a new clutch kit in it yesterday as my old clutch plate was stripped back to the rivets so made for some interesting take offs and gear changing. also thanks to the mass flooding in otago and me using it as a daily driver the gearbox manged to have water in it so was a nice creamy mess when it was taken out yesterday. Mechanically the car is spot on and its realiable as hell, just get in and go, just going over the cosmetic side of it now and spending money on the chrome bits and making it look better. putting some 205 60's on the front soon so that im rolling on 205 60's all round, hopefully that will make it look slightly better as well sidewall wise so theres no difference. thats about all for now

• 9 months later...

Cortinanewwheels.jpg

Brought some new wheels for the cortina the other week while mag and turbo had a good package deal to offer. Getting a few ideas sorted for the next mk2 project thats in the garage. was thinking a v8 of some sort as I have been informed of a 289 sitting in a crate that just needs a freshen up but also thainking twin cam maybe, any ideas welcome as to what could make a cool project.

the package deal was $895 for mags and tyes but by the time they were on the car it cost me around $1100 as they are not 4x108 stud pattern they are actually 4x110, they now offer a floating wheel nut that accounts for the extra 2mm so no slotting is needed. I also had to buy all new wheel studs and get them drilled to suit the hubs as the floating wheel nuts dont come in 7/16 thread so all the studs were chagned to 12x1.5. so with the studs, labour, floating wheel nuts etc it come to just shy of $1100.