humming noise at 100 to 110

WildPlumDx

hey guys I've got this annoying humming noise coming from my 84 Gemini sedan comes in at 100 and goes away after 110 so i thought yeah since i lowered it in all i need adjustable pan hard rod to re-centerlize the diff so i put that on measured from each side of rim to guard got it bang on center (if this is even the way to do it?) and it still makes the noise? so i'm guessing maybe a out of balance drive shaft ? what you guys think ?

Could be tyres - the tread blocks vibrate when driving, and at certain speeds (like 100-110 in your case maybe) the vibration is much greater than any other speeds (resonant frequency), and they actually make an audible sound like humming or singing. Depends on type of tyre and road surface, does it happen on ashphalt motorways as well as chip seal?

If you hadn't ever driven the car before then take a look at the trim around the screens and windows - a slightly loose trim will vibrate and hum at speed - but I would have thought it would not go away over 110kmph.

Could be nothing to do with the lowering - or it still could be the front alignment.

Hard thing to diagnose without being in the car.