Sexychevette's 1977 Vauxhall Chevette

mikuni

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sexychevette

Is your bangin' window sussed yet, or is jacket window still FTW??

right now its siting half in my garage with a big piece of canvas over it. Cant be arsed fixing window, will just sellotape some plastic bags over it or something when i go away. Chevette can get fucked if it thinks its stayn in the garage tho. Motorbikes and engine can stay in there.

Guest sexychevette

Yeah, you're just lucky i learnt you my special skills in water melon growing. Im pretty much the best water melon grower, that i know of....

The secret is to play them the boss battle theme music from final fantasy VII. This ensures the baby water melons grow exactly the right amount of taste prisms. Without taste prisms the special watermelon flavours cant be dispersed around the fruit into even and semetrical patterns. Even patterns allow the harmonic electrolites to travel throughout the fruit at their own leisure. This is the only way to unlock the ultimate energy potential of the watermelon. Once the ultimate energy potential is realised you will experience an 'enlightenment'. This part of the process is hard to explain to the inexperienced watermelon farmer. Only once you have reached this higher plane of being, will the true purpose of the water melon become clear.

• 1 month later...

You sir, have all the information i need! I have just aquired a g161 engine, and also want to put it in my chevette.

Pleeeeease answer my questions!

What gearbox are you using?

Are the engine mounts a nice easy bolt up affair?

Where did you get those sexy extractors?

Love your work :). Chur!

Guest sexychevette
You sir, have all the information i need! I have just aquired a g161 engine, and also want to put it in my chevette.

Pleeeeease answer my questions!

What gearbox are you using?

Are the engine mounts a nice easy bolt up affair?

Where did you get those sexy extractors?

Love your work :). Chur!

ok first of all ill point out that im making things up as i go!!! lol so dont trust my info untill u see photographic evidence of it working.

gearbox= gemini 5 speed. I guess u could use the box off any g series single cam engine...i do know that the twn cam boxs cant be used.

engine mounts= I FUCKN HOPE SO!!! ive been told they are but have yet to see actual proof. Nor have i botherd to measure haha. Ill get back to you on this one but the gemini mounts are suposed to attach to the mounting points on the chevette crossmember.

extractors= got em off zep. They are made by LUKEY or something.

Also couple of things which i know you will also need.

*A gemini sway bar or suitable aftermarket- the chevette one gets in the way of the gemini engine.

*custom gearbox crossmember. havnt looked into this yet but ill let you know what i come up with.

*drive shaft. Will need one that matches ur gearbox obviously, but if ur gona use the chevette diff u might have to modify the length(lol havnt lookd at that yet but its highly likely) or just use a gemini diff with a gemini driveshaft

*and gemini carb runs fuel return line. Maybe if u run a webber or something u can avoid this one.

prob more shit aswell :lol:

Guest sexychevette

yeah i might use that radiator. Tis actually one which i stole out of an HC viva estate :lol: should do the job otherwise off to pickapart to find a better one.

Yeah gota few plans forming for the gbox crossmember. Will be def be homemade/rangi :lol: my friend has a mig welder

edit: yeah retep the rusty water was from geting ultra hot and blowing off the overflow pipe lol. Happend in gleneden, sounded like a kettle was boiling :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sexychevette
Awesome, love the huge 1256 stamped on the engine, couldnt be more obvious :lol:

Yeah that was so awesome! haha 1256!!!

Fuck i didnt do anything at all on the chevette today :cry: lol didnt even take off the tarpaulin. Cant work on it on monday either...me= stressing haha oh well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest sexychevette

lol its long gone fag. crazytims hatch is wearing the gemini front.

um gaz i could sell u my gemini engine and box if u want. i also have some swt extractors to go with it

• Like 1

• 12 years later...