sheepers RA23

mark105

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this car more than is acceptible to love a car.

Paint looks tough, what type of sander did you use?

the sander was your typical air powered random orbital with adjustable speed (very important), round velcro pad and the 1200 paper i used was 3M hookit or something.

standard panel shop kit.

sheepers.

• 2 weeks later...

hey man the car looks awsum. have u have a look at your coils yet? my mate just went through a smilar problem with his soarer...all 6 coils cracked...5500 for a new set from toyota. $250 ea cost price from auto sparky. so he came up with a much cheaper solution coverting it to waste spark useing evo coils...works mint if u want more details giv me a pm

apparently according to a few different people (I'm going to do this and find out for myself) you can put heatshrink over the plug sleeves and shrink it right down. it cant get easier than this.

ill let people know if it works but many people have said it works.

sheepers.

• 1 month later...

most definitely.

Ive made a few changes that should make it go faster and its going back on the dyno for a bit of a "post heat shrink on the coils" tune.

will be interesting to see how it goes.

Ive still got a few things to do but nothing major.

see you there.

sheepers.

• 1 month later...

hat off, in love with both of your celicas... will definitely have one some day. Always thought these were TA22 but apparently I was wrong... very very niiice tho (not to suck your balls or anything, just always wanted one! Look like a miniture muscle car)

• 1 month later...

na, everything is superficial, all the bits that bent are like brackets, headlight buckets and such. the bonnet and guard are bent but they can be easily fixed (if Peter is to be believed) the only thing that is causing some concern is the intercooler. it took a pretty hard hit. i know this because of the dents in the chassis that the intercooler made in its travels. visual inspection tells me that its in good shape, i lost no boost that i was aware of when i raced after the crash. i will have it pressure tested but i can tell you this, the quality of a genuine skyline GTR intercooler is extraordinary. it was twisted and bent, quite substantially, and i put it to rights. i can tell you its still good, tests will follow but if i had a cheap chinese copy i would be throwing it in the bin now.

while ive got the front apart im taking this opportunity to tidy up a few things, i wish i had a proper AC welder........

anywho, will see you at the next track day.

sheepers.

• 1 month later...

Will put this here incase you wants.

Gavin @ Batmen Race Cars in Welly, 0272468948 Will make you new outer bands for $230 a pop polished. Im sure someone in AK can do so also but here is his details FYI.

Gaz