sheepers RA23

mark105

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im more interested in making torque and making it early tbh.

the turbo is to small for this motor now but i can't afford to do anything about that at the moment, down the track it'll get a more suitable hairdryer, but for now i have to use the one i have. i think the turbo will limit it to below 400 but we'll see on friday.

• Like 2

im more interested in making torque and making it early tbh.

the turbo is to small for this motor now but i can't afford to do anything about that at the moment, down the track it'll get a more suitable hairdryer, but for now i have to use the one i have. i think the turbo will limit it to below 400 but we'll see on friday.

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe 300hp is enough?

locke_defenestration.jpg

• Like 1

horsepower?

no,no. not 400  horsepower.

400 killerwasps.

Man, I heard from Richy about what happened - so gutted! :(   Epic how fast you got the show on the road again, though.

Are you still running that turbo we discussed ages ago?    Was only really expecting that to be used at about 20psi for a fairly responsive setup on a bone stock 1JZGTE, I wouldn't be aiming for 400kw on a hearty 2JZGTE setup with it... even if it somehow managed to actually made that power :o     

Hope you have better luck with this weeks tune, it was insane with the 1JZ - the 2JZ should be hilarious with any amount of power haha

• Like 1

yea it was all a bit shit but we're back in business now. 

its the same turbo that you spec'd for me, poor bloody thing has had a hard life and its about to get worse.

ill be very surprised if it cracks 400 tbh but we'll see what happens.

the motor has 264 BC cams in it now, big grunty coils and the hyper tune intake which should help it go a bit better. 

and we will play about with the cams to to see what a bit of advance will do for the torque.

and yea, as you say, it was pretty lively before so its going to be an eye opener for sure come friday arvo………..

• Like 1

yea it was all a bit shit but we're back in business now. 

its the same turbo that you spec'd for me, poor bloody thing has had a hard life and its about to get worse.

ill be very surprised if it cracks 400 tbh but we'll see what happens.

the motor has 264 BC cams in it now, big grunty coils and the hyper tune intake which should help it go a bit better. 

and we will play about with the cams to to see what a bit of advance will do for the torque.

and yea, as you say, it was pretty lively before so its going to be an eye opener for sure come friday arvo………..

I wouldn't actually try and push it for 400kw personally, I guess I'm a pussy like that though I'm guessing it won't let you anyway.

Best of luck for today, really hope it all goes smoothly and happy Sheepers noises emanate from somewhere in Auckland later today!

that turbo should have near falcon like spool (mine makes 22psi at 2300rpm) on your 3 litre but it might just make all of the heat at more than 1.5 bar boost.

Should do ~330-350kw depending on your fuel of choice how effective the intercooler is at reducing intake temps, oh - and the happiness of the dyno paramaters??

• Like 1