sheepers RA23

mark105

im fucked if i know how they did that.

TBH if they hadn't they would have gotten away so I'm happy as larry that they did that.

as I've been working on the car I've noticed a few other things that have been damaged so ill add them to the list. nothing major but i aint gonna be footing the bill for it.

its a good feeling to know that the scum that stole it will be paying for it all, maybe 10$ a week out of their dole for the next zillion years but i don't care. the insurance company will never give up taking money from them until they have paid. lol. 

• Like 5

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should have fitted a British engine. In fact you should have bought a British car full stop. Then they wouldn't have started it and upon trying to run away slipped up on the oil slick and knock themselves out against the proper British steel panels.

I hope you have learned your lesson.

• Like 6

You should have fitted a British engine. In fact you should have bought a British car full stop. Then they wouldn't have started it and upon trying to run away slipped up on the oil slick and knock themselves out against the proper British steel panels.

I hope you have learned your lesson.

So are you saying this isn't a Ford Capri with a pursuit 170 + blow through carb on it??? These pony cars all look alike to me!!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

R154 was about 3K so not much difference in price to their listings on TM.

would i still recommend swan? 

well, yes. I'm pretty fucked off with parts of the process but i can see where they are coming from and why things had to happen how they did.

they are going to get reparation from the mongrel piece of shit that stole it so they had to document everything in a way that could stand up scrutiny in court. 

the third party mechanical assessor is the person who needs a fucking bullet. he "was a mechanic for years mayte so i know what I'm looking at" but i reckon theres a really good reason he's not a mechanic anymore. would you put a motor back together with a second hand cam belt? would you use a second hand clutch throw out bearing that had obviously had some serious abuse? especially if its going to cost you twice if you have to remove the whole engine to replace it if its fucked? 

lts of shit like that that really boiled my piss.

was that swans fault? i suppose not but they did have the option to take precautionary measures with the mechanical damage which they chose not to. 

if anything goes wrong with the abused parts that i have been forced to reuse you can bet ill be nominating the most expensive workshop in this country to do the work required to replace it all and that will be solely at their expense. 

• Like 3

he "was a mechanic for years mayte so i know what I'm looking at" but i reckon theres a really good reason he's not a mechanic anymore. would you put a motor back together with a second hand cam belt?

What a fuckstain. Did you ask how many motor swaps he did in his "years" of being a mechanic, and how many wreckers specifically state cambelt must be replaced for warranty purpose. Insurance companies are fucking parasites.

• Like 1