sheepers RA23

mark105

the crazy thing is that ive been through about 3 sets of T1R's on the V8 and ive never experienced this before.

its like a completely different tyre. and man did if feel awful, like the Panhard rod was telescopic and had a spring in the middle. its now got these super shit 225 50 15s on the back and its heaps better.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird man.... I've not come across this before. A friend used to have 205/40/17's or similar on his BMW and they were great, so I doubt width is the issue. 215/45/15 doesn't seem like a large enough profile to have issues with sloppy sidewalls either, so that's also bamboozling. 

Just stick to R888's all the time? :P 

so.

given my failure with my "go to" tyre i need recommendations of some good 225 50 15's for this.

in a perfect world i will run symmetrical tires so i can swap the fronts and even out camber wear. 

and to add to the mix if anyone has a pair of R888s (or similar) in 225 50 15 that i can try for rain Vs traction testing (and some dry Vs traction too if I'm honest) to see how i feel about those that would be most rockingly excellent! 

thanks. 

you tried different pressures ? in my experiences with T1rs they liked lots more pressure than some other brands (5-10 psi more , up to max rec on sidewall) cheaper than more tyres :-) nitto do that size in semi-slick which everyone I know who has tried them loves , good luck

another thought on your tyre drama , given it is not a common size are they just old and hard ? check date codes on sidewall maybe different factory does tread rubber feel different to your other ones ? this is first bad feedback on T1rs I have heard , I know a few people who have loved them as a combined road/track compromise too

yeah not alot of options in 225/50/15 market, I see hyper has some kumhos but no idea if they are any good. otherwise r888s or yoko 0048s

if you goto a 205/55/15 you can get Potenza Re003s. Similarly I ended up with semis on my 14x8s because I had no other option in a legal size

• 1 month later...