sheepers 1976 RA23

sheepers

i borrowed some 1" wide spacers to see if i could get away with wider wheels on the back.

the answer is "yes i can!"

DSC00253.jpg

DSC00255.jpg

DSC00256.jpg

with the springs removed and the car sitting on the bumps the inside wheel rubs, i can still turn the wheel by hand so its not much, with the addition of an adjustable panhard rod and the tyres being on a slightly wider rim it will give me enough clearance between the tyre and the guard.

the plan is to get some 1" wider outer shells for my rear wheels. go the dish.

this will give me 15 x 9 rears with 0 offset. ill be running 205 50 15's on the back (this is the widest they make my chosen tyre in).

it will be tight but so, so worth it.

sheepers.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sheepers

Top Posters In This Topic

got a new drive shaft made. it required a different centre bearing so i had to make new mounts on the floor for the new bearing. while i was at it i made the hump in the trans tunnel a bit higher because the diff used to hit the floor during large road hole/bump type shit.

its the bit under the back seat so ill cut a bit out of the seat to clear it.

also put a new set of plugs in it (first set in 6 years) and its feeling a bit healthier but its still got a bit of a miss under full boost. will have to look into this further.

ive found a bloke who can provide me with the 1" wider outer shells for my rear wheels. 250$ each and 6 weeks. im pretty keen to get these so ill sort this out next week i reckon.

ive finished work for the year so nest week is going to be all about getting the car straight again.

sheepers.

• 4 weeks later...

well.

the car is back to looking straight and true. its all painted and back together. ill get some pics tomorrow at the classic Jap meet.

my diff is completely fucked, the center Carrier has about 10 degrees of play on the axles, no idea whats caused this but the only way to fix it is full re-build.

I'm in debt up to my (eye)balls at the mo so don't ask me how the fuck I'm going to pay for this but it has to be done. and soon.

so no new wheel shells or tints for me........

good to have the car straight and looking good though.

will post some pics after Jap meet/Kumeu.

sheepers.

• 1 month later...

went to a freinds wedding on the weekend.

i had the Honor of driving the groom to his doom.

total round trip of 320K's. averaged 7.5L per 100 for the trip which i think is pretty fucking good.

it was such a good trip. both trips, down and back up, were a little bit cloudy so it wasn't to hot, the roads were pretty empty and we just cruised, all 4 windows down rollin like dice. sweet.

DSC00434.jpg

RIMG0005-2.jpg

RIMG0021-3.jpg

I'm racing at Taupo this Friday.

ill leave on Thursday night and drive down straight from work, race Friday then drive back on Saturday.

ive ordered some T3 camber tops and if I'm lucky they will arrive in time to put them in.

i reckon with a bit more camber on the outside wheel i could get round the track a bit quicker.

i hope to find out...........

sheepers.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

still plugging away to get it back on the road for Matts wedding on the 18th of this month. thats right, the 18th which is 10 days away.

still to do,

get sway bar back from manufacture and fit it (im told ill have it in my hand this Thursday)

get drive shaft back and fit it (should get it back tomorrow night)

finish re-wire of front end - headlights, horns, indicators etc

tidy all the under dash wiring and put the dash back in

tune it.

so not to much to do but there are still some major items which are out of my control and i get nervous with relying on suppliers to do as they say they will do. anywho, time will tell.

here's where its at as of Sunday night.

engine bay is pretty much finished, just need to tidy up the wires under the intake and fit the air cleaner.

14976769480_54b7fed899_o.jpgUntitled by sheepers-ra28, on Flickr

front end. loom needs extending on the passengers side and then its finished and can be fully re-assembled.

14976709099_a416dd6771_o.jpgUntitled by sheepers-ra28, on Flickr

gear lever, short shifter made and fitted and new blank off plate made for the old hole in the floor (the stick is now further back than it was)

14976722209_5495f43926_o.jpgUntitled by sheepers-ra28, on Flickr

lossa wires to tidy/sort out.

15160583841_0211d570a8_o.jpgUntitled by sheepers-ra28, on Flickr

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

i made some things to put some speakers in the front.

i have since primed them and ill cover them with carpet.

15512425055_ffeca91716_o.jpgUntitled by sheepers-ra28, on Flickr

making them had a side effect.

15325821217_3b5abafc9d_o.jpgUntitled by sheepers-ra28, on Flickr

15325812537_414c68d1e1_o.jpgUntitled by sheepers-ra28, on Flickr

15512399365_fa418df6bb_o.jpgUntitled by sheepers-ra28, on Flickr

[/url]Untitled by sheepers-ra28, on Flickr15325643960_bd23a58359_o.jpg

it took me two hours on sunday just to clean up the mess.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1