sheepers

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sheepers

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, new page, new look.

all back together. i had to cut and shut the front LCA's to move the wheel in a bit. it was rubbing a bit before and with making the front wheels wider I've effectively moved the tyre out by about 6mm so i pulled the whole lot back in by 15mm.

i plated the joint in this fashion to spread the stress points. probably not necessary but you know how i am. i also plated the bottom of the arm so its not open along the bottom anymore. they are all painted and back in the car. i will have to crack test them for cert but i wanted to make sure 15mm was going to be enough so I've put it all back together and ill sort the crack testing out when i re-cert it (with the single turbo conversion).

15561345682_2211940692_o.jpgUntitled by sheepers-ra28, on Flickr

i am super shit at taking a picture that captures what I'm trying to convey so this is the best i could do. in all honesty it looks better in person. come to the burger meet this wednesday (if your in auckland) and see for yourself.

the rear wheels need 225 wide tires to really finish it and make it look right. the tires on it now are 205's but they are pretty fucked so ill think of some way of wearing them out then get some new tyres. 

14939749144_e961e662ea_o.jpgUntitled by sheepers-ra28, on Flickr

15374858600_18d0bf0ecf_o.jpgUntitled by sheepers-ra28, on Flickr

15374851280_e1b1325f0b_o.jpgUntitled by sheepers-ra28, on Flickr

so, what next?

ill probably make a sub box for this thing tomorrow and then i dunno. probably should start saving for a turbo……...

• Like 9

• 5 weeks later...

zorst is now all tacked in place and just needs finish welding.

I've made it as close to the floor as i dare and ill be surprised if it doesn't hit anything because its real close but its easier to space it down latter if i need to but very hard to space it up. 

it goes under the diff just in case your wondering.

15724532327_27798d4908_b.jpgUntitled by sheepers-ra28, on Flickr

• Like 9

zorst is all welded.

time to install new fuel rail with 600cc top feed injectors. 

didn't have any fittings that would adapt the toyota fuel pressure reg and the banjo outlet to the new fuel rail. so i cut the ends off the old fuel rail and welded then to the AN fittings that were supplied with the rail.

job done.

15927039441_274093f816_b.jpgUntitled by sheepers-ra28, on Flickr

15929010195_37d172e1f3_b.jpgUntitled by sheepers-ra28, on Flickr

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

today i madeed dis.

15454265784_69017b4c78_b.jpgUntitled by sheepers-ra28, on Flickr

16050735266_37519b05fe_b.jpgUntitled by sheepers-ra28, on Flickr

just need to hook up a couple of feeds for the wastegate and we're good to go.

i need Brendons help to get it running and do a quick tune so now its in his hands. i think he said he's away until the 5th but not sure. 

• Like 3

something that was pointed out to me and in my typical absent minded way i completely forgot to mention but the silicone joiner between the turbo and the pipe is only temporary. i will put a bellows style one that allows movement in but i cant get one until next year.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Brendan did a road tune for this yesterday so it going now.

its fast. faster than its ever been and man does it boost quick. its a whole different car to drive now.

the road tune is pretty safe and its only tuned to 15psi. in a couple of weeks its going on the dyno to tune it up to about 20psi and get it making some serious power. 

first and second gear are pretty much useless now, it just hits boost and spins the wheels, traction is something im going to have to learn how to balance.

in other news the shops are open again so i cna buy bits to fix some of the things i just smashed together to get it going.

i still need to sort out an air filter and cold air intake, oil catch can and a little filter for the idle speed control valve.

but something i have been able to do is fix that nasty bit of pipe i had coming off the turbo wit a decent bit of aluminium pipe, thusly,

16023500280_5a2a07429e_b.jpgUntitled by sheepers-ra28, on Flickr

got a bunch of little things to do before dyno but all should be ready without to much hassle.

be interesting to see what power it makes. its already leagues ahead of where it was so we shall see. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

today i made a start on attaching things to the car.

fuel cooler is attached and because its a bit close to the zorst i made a heat shield.

ive also started making a surge tank but not finished yet.

15729596544_e8dec1f564_b.jpgUntitled by sheepers-ra28, on Flickr

15732065173_cd59e310a7_b.jpgUntitled by sheepers-ra28, on Flickr

16164415258_7a8dde35b5_b.jpgUntitled by sheepers-ra28, on Flickr

15732055393_88b677c76f_b.jpgUntitled by sheepers-ra28, on Flickr

• Like 4

have got a bit more done on the fuel system today.

tank out and 12mm feed line installed, and tank back in. so its now 12mm from the tank to the primary pump, the from the primary its 10mm to the surge tank.

the surge tank feed to the main pump is 12mm too.

the other things i did today involve trying to make a tank vent system that will work without dumping the entire contents of the fuel tank on the ground (harder than it sounds) and ran all the lines from the tank and the returns. basically everything in the arse end is done and all i need to do now is run a new hard line from back to front. ill use the old feed (10mm) for the return. 

sounds easy. but it wasn't. it was one of those days where everything fought me. 

the only picture i have from todays efforts is pretty shit too.........

16406441462_d0e56f7a45_b.jpgUntitled by sheepers-ra28, on Flickr

tonight i got the steel 12mm line run. i was kind of dreading it because 12mm steel tube is not easy to bend. but anywho its done. it fits fairly well. ill tidy it up next time i have the drive train out ( i hope that's ages from now) but basically it runs from back to front over the draiveshaft without any kinks in it. i need a couple of bits which ill get tomorrow and i should have it running tomorrow night.

the only picture i have that looks ok is the pump and filter bit complete with fittings that cost too much.

16246860097_6581e0c5ba_b.jpgUntitled by sheepers-ra28, on Flickr

• Like 8