Solidstripes 1979 Nissan Cedric

Discussion Thread //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/21411-solidstripes-beast/?hl=solidstripe#entry555386

Me '79 Nissan Cedric SGLE.

Got some Cheivot Quattro's in the mail coming up from the S.I. Getting them Cromed lip with goldplated centres. (If they even fit!!)

Almost saved up enough for the paint job, going to be Nissan White Pearl with a Rosey tint in the clear gloss if that's possible. Factory paint at the mo, primered boot. Need a new drivers tail light and passengers side badge.

Enginewise it's running the L20e straight 6. Going to leave it like that for a while. But will be putting twin pollished straight downpipes on either side at the rear.

Inside's not to bad. Carpet is a wee bit shaggy and there's rips in the rear seat headrests. Will retrim them at a latter date.

ICE - Rockin' the cassette player at the mo but I broke it. So CD player going in with good but basic sound install. With something very different going to be thrown in which I haven't seen before but will keep ya's posted.

King spring up front with reset leaves at the back, dropping it a few inchs and monroe shocks.

Wheels and Paint are the 1st goals.

Mods, can this be a open discusion with replys allowed cause I don't want to start up new topics for every question I have along the way. Feel free to reply! Edited, just found the project discusion place.

P1030833-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Wheels arrived finally today! Yay! They fill out the guard a lot more...

P1040105.jpg

But Snufalufages they didn't fit!!

P1040103.jpg

This is what it looks like at the mo...

P1040108.jpg

Any suggestions on how I can get them to fit? Spacers? Drill new holes in the hubs? Can't drill holes in the wheel, as that's illegal and would look stupid. From what I can gather the hub PCD is 5x114.3 but as you can see from the middle pic, it's a bit smaller than the actual wheel. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Update on the taillight situation. Saw some pics of a farm in the SI filled with wrecks and sitting there rotting away was a rare-as-hens-teeth 330 Cedric Coupe!! Quite a bit of rust and no grill, moldy looking interior, a sad, sad sight but had awesome taillights!! Mangaged to get the farmers number and gave him a bell but wasn't interested, "thought he might resto it".

Dang it!! But got a random email from a dude over in Aus who has some exactly the same somehow!! 330seriescoupetaillights002.jpg $200AUD + Postage and they're mine! So am going to do a coupe conversion to the rear end, should end up looking something like this. CedricCoupe.jpg

Ors with a capital :!:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, got the taillights from Oz today in the mail. Mint as!! So test fitted to see if the coupe taillight conversion can be done and...

off with the old

P1040780-1.jpg

and on with the new!

P1040783.jpg

P1040794.jpg

So stoked they fit perfectly!! Just need to do a bit of swapping around with the bulbs and maybe some wiring work if need be to get all the lights working sweet. Will spray or chrome them when I paint the car. And change the 260c badge to the SGLE one on there at the mo.

• 3 weeks later...

Just triped down to Taupo on Thursday to pick up me a full manual conversion setup. Off a old 80's turbo laurel L20et. Supposedly a little bit shorter but same strength as a l28e box. Got the box, pedals, slave and everything else that might be needed, including the gearstick boot!! :D Had a long hard thought about engines, and have decided on building up a L28et. Or for those of you who aren't in the nissan know, a 2.8 litre Nissan single cam, straight 6 cyl, turbo. Keepin it oldschool. It should just bolt straight in too which makes things easier. But at any rate, it'll be good to have an extra 2 gears and a clutch!

Thought about engines and came up with L28et, VG's, RB's, VH's, any other engine options/possiblitites I'm missing out?

Also picked me up some nice abestos front disk pads for $20.

Saw these rims, had a total eclipse of the heart - gun metalic centers! 45461270_full.jpg

Imagine the ceddy painted gun metalic grey with these puppies!! Is it just me or would that just be the bestest thing ever?!!! 8)

Better chuck a link up here in case he get's angry at me poaching his photo. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 61.htm?p=1

These can be yours (or mine, lay off!) for a mear $4,300!! :oops:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, selling the modgees $1r on trademe. Got me some other ones instead. Flat faced dished. Wide. Very wide. 15x8's yo!!! ... FOR THE FRONT!! and 15 x 10'S for the back. More dish than a greek banquet! Need to get them rechromed cause they are a bit rugged at the mo, but seriously stoked!! Just what I've been looking for!!

Ok, looking through Mr Dori's project and stole this pic, cause that's what me new wheels look like. Mite weld up the little holes going right the way around. Anyone know what they are if anything at all? All I know is their blimmin ors!! 8)

goma12085-img600x450-1158031711okin.jpg

But 5 stud. And rank at the mo, but they'll clean up good.