Spencer's 1983 Toyota Corona Mark II SX60

Spencer

discuss here -> http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=9737

Finally got a camera so posting up one of my projects its not the most exciting but its kind of fun to drive. Its pies old sx60 the guy I bought it off matty b'd it with spray cans so im not to happy about that, its bogan as at the moment and lacking chrome. Its 1s-u powered, W55, and live f series rear. Wheels are 14*7 rear and 14*6.5 volkmesh's polished up with new stainless fastners

64158554jn6.jpg

72160019wp3.jpg

31823462nn9.jpg

The pics are abit crappy due to lack of space at my pad, its got no rear muffler so cant realy go for a drive to get better ones.

pics of the rust and the repair Ive done on one side dont laugh at the welds my patch was abit small!

22331460hk5.jpg

90358821uo2.jpg

49042401ld3.jpg

the mighty 1s-u goes ok but I need to change it out, I already have a 1jz project and am not the biggest fan of m and g sixes so a vvti 3sge would be ideal. But leaning to a 4 or 5sfe for an easy swap for daily duties. Got a lsd and am buying a better set of rubber for track day so should be fun, whale racing on!

64361602so2.jpg

This is the 1g out of the chaser parts car I grabbed off ken. He was an animal to it and threw a rod out the block. Has a mint blue interior and all the chrome I need so stoked about the score cheers ken!

• 2 weeks later...

Finished most of the rust repairs rear window goes in today I ho[pe then wof sometime this week

97460624la4.jpg

I've almost finished putting in this lush blue interior from a donor chaser

25637005mq1.jpg

also picked up a 1gge, and I have a manual gx71 parts car to donate the flywheel and bell housing etc. So should be a different car with that in there. Also going for a fresh decent matty B paint job or gloss black haven't decided yet

• 3 weeks later...

well got let down on the 1gge so back on the look out for one. Was out at kihi kihi wreckers the other day and they had just got a liteace that had some rather nice rims on it.

49207875xu2.jpg

SSR star formulas they are 6.5 inch so no good for stretch but will tidy up nice for a daily maybe will tidy them up with my track rubber for nats.

also found another hardtop mark 2 out there was so stoked so spent the afternoon taxing bits off it

38605491ex4.jpg

Thats just a few of the bits, got one of those auto night time adjusting rear view mirrors for extra bling. Still wondering if I can get it resprayed by nats or just touch up the haggard matty B. more to come in the next few weeks

went to a mate for a WOF he let most things slide but my list =

pulling to the right under brakes (calipers are rusty and seized got 2 pairs from wreckers today)

front cross member has damage (under control got a spare one to cut up)

left steering arm bent (have a spare)

panhard rod mount bent up (going to have a go at it with the gas in the weekend)

few other small things but no problems there

So should be sweet for nats will get some pics up as updates with no pics = FTL

Had a big weekend fixing this thing up got it pretty much all done, first I rebuilt some spare calipers. I grabbed 3 pairs from kihikihi wreckers and most were fucked had to mix and match seems no one ever does brake fluid on these cars :?. then took it to my mates work, prestige auto or what ever its called was mint to have all the gear etc to sort this thing. first we cut up and rebuilt the front of the bonnet as every spare Ive seen is fucked, (Crappy pics)

bonnet1tc6.jpg

then had to sort a rust hole in the door bent up the patch so it folded around the frame came up mint/ can hardly see it

panhard3jh6.jpg

Next was the biggest worry the panhard rod mount to the body, it had been badly crushed by some clown hitting a curb at pace. pushed it out with the porta-power and my mate welded some meat back into it

panhard1hr6.jpg

rolf at the adjustable panhard rod someone made up for it crap welds and bent to fuck. put a stock one in for the wof and ordering a ae86 whiteline bar hopefully

• 1 month later...

gave it a fresh matty b job for nats was finished the day before but came up sweet ( cheers to the guys who took pics at nats)

mattblk1sf3.jpg

pic1vp6.jpg

Also after not realy liking 1gge's Ive ended up with two 1gges a 1ggze and a spare head.(the pics are a shambles)

1gge1td9.jpg

A filthy 1g sitting next to my 1jzgte

1gge2fi6.jpg

another filthy 1g

1ggzeod6.jpg

and a 1ggze with the spare head on it notice the hooge ports so theyve got some mad tvis stz ala 4age

plans are to chuck a 1gge in it and drive it, and rebuild one of them with a planed head cams etc. Also picked up some more itb's

throttlespx8.jpg

I have a couple of megasquirts (diy engine management) sitting around so will chuck one on and go individual throttles. cad'd up some flanges and mike-e's getting them laser cut then a mate is going to weld them up

inletflangego0.png

exhaustflangehc6.jpg

so basically hoping to have a 1g in and running on itb's and megasquirt by next track day. which should be pretty easy as its all bolt up and I have all the parts