Hemi's 910 bird

treggo

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well cheers for the encouragement guys but ive hit a brick wall .

got all parts and built engine back up refreshed the shortblock and threw head back on got it all ready and put back in car . filled with oil , tunred over to prime it and thenkicked it in the guts .. run but weird .. hrmm oh well might clear itself .

filled with coolant went to turn over ... nothing .

uh oh i can only guess whats happneed here .. pulled #1 plug out and coolant came spweing out ... i nearly spewed up .

si yea i think i may have a cracked head . i dont think i can get one in time and ive pretty much burnt myself out over the last 3 days trying to get it all ready lol .

should have taken the valves out for a look but i dont not have the tool to reinsert them .

gutted as .

next time maybe eh? :evil:

Thats guts bro. Man thats balls. Are you sure its a cracked head? not just a faulty gasket or sum shit?

i just replaced the gasket and it looked fine to me tbh .

also its leaking from the same cylinder that bent the rod sooo . process of elimination .

i crack tested the combustion face but not the ports . and seeing as i can hear to gurgling out the inlet i think there might be a crack in that side .might take intake manifold off . tkae inlet cam out and pressurise cooling system .. that will tell me if its there

whereever it is it a massive fucking leak aye

If i was in welly at the mo i would bake you a cake. You poor cunt. All that mad rush.

It does sound like a crack eh. Use some knead it or something. :P hah

meh im gutted but at the same time no use getting all torn up over it ,

at least i have a fully reconded bottom end now :) .

just need a good head and im away laughing .

i would have punched the motor with my face once I saw coolant again.... Dumb luck. Ahh well. Like you said, bottom end is sweet! Shouldn't be too hard to find another head.

Hey what's the deal with running the ca16de cams in these? heard there was a trick you could do... swap one of the cams and it was supposed to give you more top end or something... Sorry I sound like Rusty...

A z18 would never have broken down in the first place :wink:

i would have punched the motor with my face once I saw coolant again.... Dumb luck. Ahh well. Like you said, bottom end is sweet! Shouldn't be too hard to find another head.

Hey what's the deal with running the ca16de cams in these? heard there was a trick you could do... swap one of the cams and it was supposed to give you more top end or something... Sorry I sound like Rusty...

A z18 would never have broken down in the first place :wink:

yup ca16de inlet cam .

or ca18de exhaust cam and one tooth advanced ... this is whats in the head now . give 8deg more duration and .8 mm more lift i think.

Next time ur under the car measure the OD of the rear springs.

I got a whole lot of 4x4 springs floating round. Would not be surprised if I have a pair that would fit.

Ryans 2jz beast only has cut 4x4 springs in the rear. And that worked perfect.

Next time ur under the car measure the OD of the rear springs.

I got a whole lot of 4x4 springs floating round. Would not be surprised if I have a pair that would fit.

Ryans 2jz beast only has cut 4x4 springs in the rear. And that worked perfect.

will do bro. keen to less back boat haha .

cheers for driving on sat too dude