Legalities of putting nuberplate under windscreen.

treggo

Hi,

Ive been looking at the front of my car and the numberplate just looks like crap where it is standard. is it legal to keep the plate in front of the passenger on the left of the windscreen?

Also are lowering blocks legal?

i've had a ticket for it before, 'improper display of license plate' or something like that. was about 8 years ago in my rx7 but i doubt the law has changed.

lowering blocks are up to so many inches (2????) if specifically designed for the car (and if you can't bluff a cop into believing that you deserve the ticket).

cheers

Matt

Hi,

Ive been looking at the front of my car and the numberplate just looks like crap where it is standard. is it legal to keep the plate in front of the passenger on the left of the windscreen?

Also are lowering blocks legal?

nah, illegal. i had a 200 fine a while back

also blocks should be legit as

lowering blocks cant be more than 2 inch. Though I think you can possibly get biggers ones certd, but dotn quote me.

But anyway. Front numbers plates are emant to be mounted in the factory locate, or equally visable. So those old cunts rocking around in there pansy mx-5s with those sticker number plates on the front bumper is totally illegal, but becasue they are old, and its a 'sports' car they get away with it.........

Haha, If I was a cop i would do old cunts for all these stupid things.

it would look kinda naff having ya plate off to the side and definately not in the window like a cockspank gangster-boy.

off to the side is all good if you have an intercooler in the front..

best place on a capri is middle of a lower spoiler.

Os capri. What's your capri look like. Chuck a photo up when ya get a chance. Agree with rt, the lower the plate the better but definitely get a subtle front spoiler - especially if it's a mk2. I have myne just under the front bumper but i'm planning to lower it further. Was originally in front of the front bumper - real ugly