Jebus' 1985 Toyota Cressida GX71

Jebus

Id owned this corolla for 4 years and built it from scratch, ended up with 4AGE, Coilovers, Hilux Rear etc.... Then sold it late last year, this is it at the time of sale.

dscf0439800ux5.jpg

dscf0452800vd3.jpg

dscf0611800pq4.jpg

Then on January 1st 2007 I bought this GX71 cressida. Stock as $900 from taupo. It looked like this.

dscf0753800ss3.jpg

Then I needed rims ASAP so made the mistake of going to Drury Tires, coughing up heaps of money and buying these. 17 x 7.5jj

dscf0755800cc9.jpg

Then got 35% tints all round and Lowering came next, I ended up using stock struts, cbf with coilovers...

I got Low king springs for the front then had them compressed 30mm

Cobra lowering springs for the back compressed 50mm

For shocks in the front I used GT4 inserts, these were shorter with big valves and held my springs captive, sweet :D

Rear were Townace ones I modified, again big valves and short as.

After lowering it, it rolled like this

dscf09211024ck5.jpg

Discussion Thread: //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/21278-jebuss-cressy/page-1?hl=cressida

I made a stainless exhaust entension with twin little tips, as can be seen here

dscf09291024kp4.jpg

This is the part where our man Snoozin comes into play, I bought these wheels of trade me, unkown to me was the condition and size etc.

35051384_full.jpg

After them arriving, they turned out to be 14 x 7.5jj Rears, according to my calcs 0 offset. and 14 x 7jj fronts, maybe 0 or +7 offset or something.

Stoked, had all the tires swapped to 185/60's and then fitted them.

front800kp2.jpg

rear800ps0.jpg

This car came with poverty spec interior shitty as cloth. And in search of comfort found this so promptly installed.

interior800rd9.jpg

Plush Velour baby!

Found this oil cooler lying around home, so as you do, dummied it up on the front of my car and ran some hoses into my grill.

dscf10231024mq6.jpg

dscf09751024pm8.jpg

Bonnet is off in the above pics to be sprayed black.

dscf10201024rz1.jpg

The front needed lowering more, so I pulled the struts out and cut 1" out of the strut tube and welded back together, wallah 1" drop and no loss in travel.

Now its FUCKING low

dscf10751024kc1.jpg

As mentioned earlier, the exhaust tips come in handy, I made these up from mild steel, 750mm long each, coated in graphite.

dscf10881024pk5.jpg

Am going to do red rings around the tops of them when I can be fucked.

Stock numberplate is lame, so I mounted mine on brackets and can move it around as I please, such as this.

dscf10931024xw8.jpg

Ive chucked on some 25mm spacers on the front and had to flare my front guards big time a crow bar but they fit. Now im just going through the certification process. Kinda tricky but easier than I though.

The chassis rails are 40mm from the ground, can just fit my foot under the sills. Awse that I can get my car certed this low, wish I could say the same about the exhaust tips though. Anyway, pics of its ground clearance.

dscf10691024ee4.jpg

dscf10891024fn2.jpg

Picked up an RX3 oil cooler to replace the odd shaped one ive got on the front, will look much cooler once fitted.

Thats where im at, at the moment, ill keep ya informed.

dscf12441024jh4.jpg

dscf12461024vp8.jpg

Got my RX3/SA22 oil cooler dummied up today, still need proper fittings and a little mor eplaying round, looks tough as.

dscf12491024hk8.jpg

Also had a third and final attempt at a subway hook, im happy with it now. its all been stictched up properly, will be bolted to the bumper support so you be used if I wished to do so.

Oh and rising sun fuel flap too, mean, cheers to talented with paint brush girlfriend :D

Since last update, ive ditched the auto and installed a W55, PBR clutch etc. couldn’t match up a driveshaft to fit so shortened one myself. Gunna get one balanced in the near future.

Manual has made it a whole nother car, 1G-E auto couldn’t skid on grass, but with manual does sick line locks on the dry tarmac all day long. Best thing I ever did.

dscf1309800tn9.jpg

Also picked up my new wheels today, theyre Rays Gotti Copy’s, called Stage 4’s or some crap 14 x 6jj +15,

Within 15 mins of having them home, flipped that shit and test fitted. Upon removing my wheels, I noticed this….After like probably 2000km of driving on a near new tyre.

dscf1321800bg5.jpg

Camber +1

Tyre -0

dscf1317800hj8.jpg

Heres what the wheels look like with a flipped center, they look mean, but stick out a little too far, and theyre not my desired wheels so dont wanna modify the car to suit.. So undid that and bolted the rim to the other side of the mounting face, this give it sweet dish and doesn’t stick way out of the guards. Only problem with this is that all the weight is now on the bolts around the rim, instead of the center itself.

dscf1323800gp5.jpg

Now use your imagination and imagine them all cleaned up :)

Now a couple of randoms

dscf1326800js8.jpg

bosoboys002xi8.jpg