what to do with a dx

Guest demondx

dont be sad guys help hijm , i member asking the same thing bout the scort when i first joined and all the advice was helpful hence why i stayed so give they new guy a hand.

number one you wont get fuck all out of that motor

pod filter will help

exhaust wil make a diff

so to will a cam

and a bigger carb

by themselves thay make fuck all diff but together they are really noticible BUT hell hit a 5k now THAT will pwn , ask snoozin bout where to get one from

Personally I wouldn't bother spending too much on a 1300.. it's just not worth it. However there is nothing wrong with sorting out some decent cold air intake, maybe fitting a bigger carb or twin carbs on it.

If you can be bothered removing the gearbox a lightened flywheel will help it rev out nicer.

Cams, porting, raising compression or fitting forced induction I would wait until you had a bigger engine in first.

somthing tht i discovered and correct me if im wrong, I you can find an old 3k with the cast head out of the earlier models such as ke10 and ke20 these had larger ports and better cams as there was no emisions rules if you can find one of these heads get it cleaned up and put it and the cam on your engine you chould get better performance from it. :o

I know this will sound boganish 8) but its been common practice between my peers and i for years to just remove the air filter all together as we are just talkin about a standy as 4k and these engines are very very hardy. They also run better when they are low on oil but wouldnt trust doing this if you have a mint runner. So to conclude put on a casty 3k head and cam some extractors and freeflow exhaust and throw away the aircleaner and should be all go If you want more power than that then you will have to consider all the above suggestions.

Yes i agree it is fucking dumb but like i said if it a mint engine you wouldnt do it. as for no air filter unless you live on a dirt road it be sweet for fucks sake were talkin bout a 4k here I agree about puttin a decent eng in it I got a 2tgeu with loom and comp sittin in my shed with a turbo manifold destined to go to my mate in palme to give him spares for his 2tgeu dx 2dor wag which i fabed the mount pedistools for it will be nuts but the old 3t is usually the best way to go as you can source bolt in parts to fit it without welding or modifying :wink: .

for the tiny increase in performance, if you notice it at all apart from the extra induction noise, compared to how fucked you are if you get a stone or something in your motor, leave your air filters on

and intentionally running low on oil is just retarded.

Yeah yeah leave your air filter on anyways what the chances of a stone landing in your carby jeez. I had a srew fall in the no 1 inlet port(with air filter on) on an old 3k casty so whipped the head of removed the screw an bolted the head back down and walla mint as!!!!! what else are you ment to do in the middle of nowhere Its seems that not many people have thrashed the shit out of the old k series engines to know how hardy they are shiiiiit at the end of the day if your k eng dies man its only a k. my old 2k could handle handle running at top revs all day and man tht was a shitta eng they just go an go an go and say no more.