2T/3T inlet manifolds

Glancn

A Toyota 2T inlet manifold will bolt up fine to a 3T one eh? Some factory twin solex's off a 2T for sale on TardMe which I am tempted to buy for the Rona.

Also, where do I get carbs re-jetted/rebuilt etc? What bits actually get "rebuilt"?

Chur.

-Dave.

dunno any places which do it, but a rebuild usually means stripping the carb down cleaning, and replacing all the seals and o-rings and i cant remember what they are all called but possibly a few of the little brass bits inside aswell

Its just labour really. You can buy a kit and give it a crack yourself. From what I've seen you should be able to get it back together alright. I'm pretty sure they just do seals. Shouldn't cost too much to get someone to do it anyway.

Jets a cheap as, like 6-8 $ each and very easy to replace. Its been years since I've seen the insides of those solex-mikunis so I wouldn't know anything about them but from memory they are pretty good little carbs.

Cheers guys. Ah yeah I forgot the 2T-G is ohc.

So it would be better if I got a set of twin 40's on their own freshen them and re-jet and get a Redline 3T sidedraft inlet manifold?

I'm just building a 3T for a bit of fun. Fair bit of head work (bit of porting, polishing and quite a lot shaved off) with a mild cam matched to the head work, fresh internals and electronic ignition. Would a 32/36 be an easier/cheaper option giving me similar gains to a set of twin 40's?

Cheers for your help guys. Hopefully I'll get this motor underway so I can put it in the car ready for track day!

-Dave

OK. I've had varied feedback but money comes into it as well. And just a general question. Is there anything that you can do to a carb i.e. 32/36 to make it more responsive/perform better? Maybe thats too general. I thinking jets/valves etc.

Hows your ute coming along : D?

Cheers guys.

-Dave