EarthwurmJurms 1971 Fiat 125

Just bought this for an insanely cheap price.. I'm not going to say because you wouldn't believe me anyway.

Put it this way, I earn more than I bought it for in a day, and I only get paid $15 an hour. YOu do the maths.

Anyways I haven't seen it yet, but it runs, and only has minor surface rust on the bonnet (according to the guy on the phone), but wether or not this is true is a different story.. however it can't be that bad as it had a wof 9 months ago, and is still in the system etc, so that's all good.

Either way I'm not too phased, if it's too shit I will just rape it for parts for my lada. It's running a 1600 twin cam motor, so that will be good to see how it goes compared to the 1800 dohc in my lada.

Pics to come. In the meantime here is a reference pic I found on wikipedia of fiat 125 goodness!

Fiat_125_5.jpg

went and picked her up today.. its pretty fucking ruff.. drove it back from royal oak to the shore, clutch slipping like a motherfucker, it was a bit of a mish but oh well.

Anyway there is so much bog in it, so I'm not sure if it's worth trying to restore it to it's former glory.. would probably be easier to start with a nicer shell. also I'm guessing the head gasket is blown because it blows a fair bit of white smoke.. so I will look into that probably replace the gasket and skim the head, as I plan on holding onto the donk.

Heres some pics:

Good side

DSCF0442.jpg

bad side

DSCF0441.jpg

engine bay

DSCF0438.jpg

Err this is a some oil which is sitting round where the lead goes onto the spark plug, 2 more of them are like that.

any of you mechanic type people have any idea where that would have come from?

DSCF0440.jpg

I have a feeling it might be a 125S too as it has woodgrain dash and leather seats, interior is pretty ruff tho. Not sure about the 5 speed box tho, as the gearbox is the sloppiest piece of crap ever, and it's kind of hard to tell what gear you are in, you just gotta wing it and hope for the best lol.

oh and yes that is smoke coming out of the engine bay in the first pic.. just after I took the photo I realised the engine bay was on fire due to the battery terminals shorting out on the bonnet and setting the blanket thingy in there alight.

I wondered why there was I plastic bag just sitting on top of the battery for no apparent reason.. now I know why :P