battery relocation

DavidTheCreator

Probably easiest thing I've ever done to my car

get welding cable, tis WAY cheaper than real battery cable.

Just get case from supercheap, screw it down in boot, cut lead to length, solder on new lugs on the ends, lay under carpet and connect to starter

Shouldn't cost more than 120 or so

less than 30 min job,

$25 for battery box from - super cheap auto (about $17 on special)

$50 approx for 35mm squared cable - electrical wholesaler or boc (welder cable) 6 metres or so

$5 max for 4x 35mm squared lugs - electrical wholesaler

measure length, crimp lugs onto cable run in car and connect easy as job

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. Whatever cable you use has some resistance. The longer the cable run, the higher the resistance and the more current is converted into heat :(

Current = volts/resistance, so as the voltage stays (approx) constant, the current drops as the resistance increases.

should drop bugger all yea cable does have some resisitance but hell unless it goes around the car 8 times i doubt it should make a diff. deep cycle are made to discharge and charge alot (have much thicker lead plates) , but this means it dont have as much cranking amps , and seeings as your car is only usuing power when running , the altenator supplies all the power anyhow , id say so gellcell and put a main line fuse near the batt somewhere incase it somehow earths out and decides to put 400 odd amps through the cable in 1/4 of a second