Who is from Taupo that would like to help with OS nats?

Gaz

Who is from Taupo that would like to help with OS nats?

Things like a cruise and perhaps a scavenger hunt needs setting up. Cant really do it too well from Welly, Aucks, Hams etc...

Anyone out there willing to help out or even just suggest some cruise and or exciting places round Taupo.

Thanks

Look over a map or something, list down all the places that look as if they could be interesting and I could burn down one weekend and scope things out. Pies and Mr XXX will no doubt return through taupo this weekend if they want to keep a look out for choice park up spots and the like

dont actually know if we will pass taupo at all to be honest. goin up thru horopito and back thru opotiki at this stage

Oh sweet as, if it changes let me know. The way back thru Opotiki, Gizzy, Napier etc is a hell of a long way. Would be over 10hours from Hams no sweat.

Id go to Opotiki then head back over to Taupo I think.

What sort of distance are we talking here Gazza? Could do around the lake, or a point to point. 200km's? Could do Taupo to Ariatiatia to Reporoa, piss in aucklands drinking water that is the waikato. Up tuatuakai rd from there to wairaikai back to taupo. est: 120kms + stop overs.

taupowj4.gif

Stop overs could include the dam, some nice swimming spot down Tuatuakai(Not going to happen at that time of year), there is some hot water spots but access isn't the best. Others could be arranged, I'll take a run down the course next week and see if the roads are up for it.

yea used to live there and go there every other weekend. The drive mentioned above is sweet. Tuatuakai is a nice sweeping road for a drive not the best scenery. Around the lake is nice but long + gets boring on western access. maybe acacia bay and back down tukairangi rd but thats not that long. Guess it depends what people want

Yuh it does depend alot on what peps want. When we have had or meets/cruises people usually wanna drive for bout 10-15mins then park up for a chat for 30mins or so. Back for a drive for 15 then park up again. So heaps of parkup sports and a shorter drive suits me better. What do others like?

I thought we should at least check out Huka falls. How far is Horopito from Taupo? Could do a cruise that way to the car graveyard?

Me and Rich are prob going to drive down in next few weeks/months to check it out and see where to cruise. Any help on the day etc is cool.