Living in Wellington

lowlancer

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

who ever says the weather in welly isnt bad, is either full of shit, or has never been anywhere else.

its CRAP.

i moved here in march last year and it rained at least once every 48 hour period for like the first 7 months.

damn near drove me fucking mental.

welly is cool, but DONT move here for the weather.

welly is all good, good culture and nightlife, but fuckin dear rent if in central town. id go for somewhere like newtown which is a short 5-10mins bus trip to town. relatively cheap accom as a lot of students live round there.

and as for the car scene, it has died down over the last couple of years with the 5 0 getting more serious on the circuit in town. but its still all good. thursday nights are ok. dodgy stuff still happens and im sure will continue to happen :D

Diploma in Architecture. 2 year course at Weltech, so could live a bit outta town.

My bro lives in Newtown and that seems to be pretty cheap.

Could easily do the course here but fuck this town and fuck this scene.

Horsey cunts everywhere and the same haggard faces

ive done first year of that course in Taurange.

Id highly recomend doing the massey BENGTECH degree in arch tech. its only one year more and there is a high change of it being able to be called an architect degree. Rather than drafsman of the Diploma.

have to do engineering papers tho like maths and physics, mech engineering, cad etc

I'd rather start off as a draughtsman and get my head round the industry.

If you do that its 2 years of study, then another 3 to 5 to be architect. big waste of time. Ive done drafting, boring as, just pretty much sitting at comp all day drawing details and the odd elevation house after house that you dont even get input into.

Moved to welly from Taupo, don't move if you hate the idea of cramped roads and near misses all day long in the traffic lol

Finding a decent garage that isn't against the roadside can be a little difficult I found.

Also found it really is like a concrete jungle. If you need sun and grass to be happy, don't move lol. Not unfriendly, but I recon most of the time most of the population keeps to them selves, my Ms who is home looking after our 1 year old found it really hard.

Great place otherwise!!

P.s. I may be a dad but I'm only 20 so don't take it too much as a "fathers" opinion :oops: