Living in Wellington

lowlancer

Seriously considering doing my diploma in Wellington.

Having never lived there, I just want to gauge whether it's worth it.

Obviously it's not hard to beat Cambridge/hamilton, but it would be a lot cheaper here.

What do you cunts pay in rent?

Is it a decent town? ie: burglaries etc...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

burglaries, provided u aint in one of the dodgy areas are minimal.

rent is apparently cheap. i used to pay $130 p/w inc expenses but not food. also that place had a double garage and a reasonable section and an incredible view. place was a little old but it was all good. paid an extra $20 over other flatties cos i used the whole garage

Rent compared to hams is expensive. Where would ya do your diploma? If its in town and ya wanna live in town, then youll be looking at least $400 for a 3bdrm with small garage... if ya can find one. Move 5 mins outta town and ya may get a larger gge and pay 50 bucks less... but have to pay bus into town.

Weather wise it is just like everyone says.. windy, often wet and hardly ever a whole day of sun :(

Cool place to live but I find it a bit shit being so far from family and friends (Rotorua).

Anything else?

What dip ya doin?

Wellington is a really cool city. rent is brutal unless you live out of town a bit. im payin 450 for a 4bdrm and garage and its alot closer to town then other places i looked at. rule of thumb, further from city centre = better house and cheaper rent. Weather is not too bad either. You get used to it

yea welly's grouse once you get over the wind and rain (its just continuous) , but the night life is fucking aws , and theres not too many homo faces down here i like it here , but same as meth all my mates are in vegas so is my fam so sucks a bit in that sence :lol:

I love it here aye, but i have also considered moving to parmy.

I know a place fore rent, room is $100, up a hill, 2.3 drive to the motor way, 10 achers of land with heaps of flat concrete, two two car garages, have very much thought of moving there and get out of dodge (dodge = home with olds)

Fuck i need a raise.

Allan