rxtoy's 1977 Toyota Celica TA23

rxtoy

had this for a couple of years now, had the initial rush of enthusiasm and then money and motivation problems put it off for a bit (along with my lancer side project) so its been in storage for over a year. will be bringing it home when i get back from my next trip (julyish) and getting back into it now the lancer's gone. got big plans but don't want to church them up too much so i'll just put a few pics up of what i've done so far.

how it was when i got it.......................

howitwas2py6.png

and after external panel and paint, black engine bay, interior done in white hammerite, partial delooming of engine bay, etc. its been through a couple of engines already. i had a granada 3 litre v6 left over from my last celica (RA28 some bogan had turned into a mustang clone) that i had in there for a while, then switched to a sohc 2T then onwards to a 2TGEU i got cheap. decided its not worth putting something in i'll be pissed off with myself a year or two down the track so that's coming out and the 2 options seem to be 1UZ or 1JZ. as per it all depends on when the money comes along of course. i'm not that happy with this paint job either so will end up having it redone but its left the body in pretty good nick and little chance of rust in the meantime. anyway, more photo's since i know thats what i like.

niceside3nz.jpg

niceside28if.jpg

with the dirty V6 in the front

frontwithv625gs.jpg

and a pic of my old RA28

carpic17jv.jpg

and don't worry, i'm going back to chrome bumpers. the two i got were a bit far gone but i've found a decent front one and keeping an eye out for a back one.

cheers

Matt