Dane's Mazda 1000 uterus

danger

Might recognise this as Mutiny's before he got his 808...

Must have bought this off him over 6 months ago, finally went and picked it up in the weekend.

Looked fucking rat with all the lichen and moss and grime all over it, bit sad to see it go but after a good waterblast its come up way more solid than I was expecting, Theres actually very very little that isn't just surface rust.

P1000364.jpg

P1000369.jpg

Gonna get it sandblasted back and then after I've etched and sealed it I'll get to work on the chassis.

Plans are:

Chassis:

4Linked rear end on adustable coilovers with a watts link

shortened Hilux LSD

S5 brakes on the rear and possibly the front (or VN commodore)

Strenghtened chassis and cage

13bt front mounted

Body:

Respray in 2tone (probably 2 greys)

Chrome hubcaps on front with whitewalls

Bigass 15x10's or similar on rear with street legal rubber

This is gonna be a long term project, no doubt about it, dont expect updates too speedily.

heya mate, just spotted ur ute, mean lil project, just thought id letya know of got very similar project of my own nearing completion after 3 years.

1000 ute, s5 grooved front dics and calipers, 15x10's on rear, shortened hilux diff, 4 link wif adjustables, 13b wif s5 gearbox.

few things to note, that my help: to get any g'box biga then s1 in there the tunnel has to be cut up bigtime, which will prob need to be done, helps if u move eng as far back as possibe to make room for turbo manifold and intercooler etc (my flywheel sits almost in line with my ankles). Eng sits 20mm to the left to make room for exhaust.

would be happy to help u out with suggestions. 021 670 086 (cliff)

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update:

Welldeck is off now, motor/box is out and heaps of other things have been removed. Chassis tidied up and I'm investigating getting my new rear chassis built.

Got my 15x10 modgies with 295's coming down some time.

Put new floor in and have started stripping parts back. remove front guards,lights,valance etc, guards are as mint as can be.

Managed to remove the bonnet skin from its subframe to get that all mint, Am thinking I'll have to reinforce the nose to deal with speed. bonnet skin is 1mm steel, subframe is .8mm. Mazda werent too keen on overengineering.

Got a Proper 1200 ute wellside with tailights etc coming as well as a bonnet badge.

Found a cheap as S5 13bt which would fit the bill pretty well.

Been a bit lazy cause I've been sleeping/ doing sounds in my 929 but am hoping to get cutting again next few days.

Found a dead mouse in the A- pillar too...