mutinys 1977 Mazda B1600

mutiny

well awhile ago i scored a nice tidy wee 1977 mazda b1600 so thought it was new time for a nice daily driver/project. its done a genuine 114thousand ks and not in bad nick for a old farm ute.

here what it looked like when i first got it

newuteej7.jpg

newutew2sv4.jpg

at this stage i hadnt decided what to do with the deck as i didnt want this hick looking piece of crap, so i picked up a piece of shit 1980 wellside for a hundred bucks(well the mrs paid for it anyway). thought id spray it up, and will chuck it on while i make a nice tidy flat deck or find a tidy 77 wellside for it

wellsideye1.jpg

tempdeckhq7.jpg

tempdeck2yj0.jpg

i then picked up some new wheels for it, rims cost me 200 and tyres were 90 a corner, couldnt really complain, 195/50/15s. i think they do the job mint.

frontleftvc8.jpg

myb1600ga4.jpg

myb16002gt9.jpg

was kinda semi thinking about getting white walls put on the tyres but not too sure yet, what you guys think?

wheelssk2.jpg

thats about it for now, over the next week it will be getting slammed with reset leaves in rear and 2 inch blocks, and a coil in the front, see how that comes out, wanna try and get it as level as possible sitting at 100mm.

and as for the sounds, ive got a sony mp3 player running into a set of boschmann 6.5 components and a 1200 watt sony 12 under the bench seat getting fed by a 1400watt amp, sounds go mint, couldnt ask for much better

Discussion: //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/21567-mutinys-b1600/?hl=b1600

• 3 months later...

well thought it was about tiem for a bit of a update. old 1600 isnt happy, time for 626 2l and 5 speed floor change time. scored motor and box for a steal at $110 off trade me. also got a radiator from good old mazfarm for 20 bucks in mint condition. also lowering time. got my leaves reset 3 inchs lower. lowering tommorow so expect pics.

finally got me a warrant today too, only failed on lh idler arm bush, 14 bucks later and some flash red bits of nolathane and im warranted. stoked

b1600gearboxgp2.jpg

b1600leavesns9.jpg

b1600motorej5.jpg

b1600motor1hw4.jpg

b1600motor1hw4.jpg

updatezq3.jpg

not quite as low as i wanted so will be going lower, much lower.

started putting motor in today, chanigng jets round carbs as original carb was shot so using the b1600 carb with the 626 jets, all should be swell

had to hone out the altenator brackets as the 626 one had to go becuase it was internal reg and cant be botehred fucking around. sealed up sump too. all should be go for tommorow, have some decent pics soon

• 3 weeks later...

well been awhile since update, got a shit load done. 2litres in an running as is the 5 speed, got brand new clutch on teh sucker too. purchased me a nice woodgrain gear knob from trade me for 10 bucks too, money well spent.

had to weld tabs onto the gearbox crossmember to ge the floor change in, but apart form that everything pretty much went straight in.

brought another complete b1600 for the wellside, is primered now. looks fuckin scum. i love it

big hole in engine bay

62134581yf9.jpg

parts ute

56581631ke5.jpg

91113856il3.jpg

ute looks fuckin tough with no tray

22126916eo4.jpg

32996745zu4.jpg

52108104ph9.jpg

will have pics up tommorow of tray etc, couple interior shots and what not

filthet3.jpg