Sheepers' 1974 MS75 Toyota Crown Coupe

sheepers

Discussion Thread //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/20772-sheepers-ms75-toyota-crown-coupe/?hl=%2Bsheepers+%2Bcrown

hi all, thought id post a few pics of my crown.

its standard and in pretty good nick, its got a few little dings in it but its rust free which is pretty rare.

RIMG0004.jpg

RIMG0009.jpg

RIMG0008.jpg

RIMG0007.jpg

ill eventually put a 1uz in it, but for now it has to get me to work and back every day so my main concern is keeping the old girl on the road.

latter,

sheepers.

• 2 weeks later...

ive just reco'd the brakes. if you have a MS65 or an MS75 heres a tip.

the booster/master cylinder from a MA70/GA70 supra will bolt straight in. it has a 1" bore, so its got a bit more grunt and the booster is smaller and takes up much less room.

you need to take the MS off the booster and turn the booster upside down, then put the MS back on the booster.

the original booster has and alloy spacer behind it, you dont need this, just take off the old booster and bolt in the new one, you will need to bend your brake lines to suit the new exit points on the MS but its no biggie.

you cant get bits for the MS65 MS, but the MA70 is easy to get parts for.

the brakes are now like new ( i replaces the seals in the front and put new wheel cylinders in the rear ) they work so well, an absolutely amazing difference.

latter,

sheepers.

• 1 month later...

i put a new set of shocks in the car.

they cost 290 all up. all monroe GT gas. i cant begin to explain how much better the car is with the new shocks, its completely different!!

BUT, best of all is how much more effecent the brakes are. its hard to describe how much better it stops in an "emergency" type slam on the brakes. but if you have old shocks in your car and you like the shape of the front of it, BUY NEW SHOCKS!!

end rant.

anyway, big difference. slowly the car gets better, i need to make some new ideler arm bushes so i can get a wheel alignment done and that should make it track a bit better.

the list goes on......

sheepers.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

not a big update really.

new heater box thing. Sam gave me a spare one so i took it to bits and replaced all the foam seals, gave it a clean and washed out the heat exchanger. put it in and it made a hell of a difference. the heater works now!! its like a fucking desert with the heater cranking.

the other thing i did was buy some new front tyres. was 235/45/17, now 205/40/17. basically the new tyres are 50mm smaller in dia and a bit narrower, no more gard rubbing for me, and the front is a bit lower which is always good.

crown2.jpg

crown4.jpg

i have some more pics but photobucket is being gay.

latter,

sheepers.

• 5 months later...

well, i dont have the cash in my hand yet but the crown is 99% sold.

the exchange of cash/goods happens on tuesday.

im a bit sad to see it go but i always intended to sell it, and now i have the MS51 to keep up my crown fix, its down the road.

if your wondering why you never saw it for sale a guy once stopped me and said if i ever want to sell it..... he bought it.

more money/time for the celicas/crown now.

latter,

sheepers.