Mitsubishi Engine & brake Conversions.

lowlancer

Double post FTW!

Pretty sure it was only the Starion GSR-V and the FWD E15A Eterna/Galant VR Hard Top which had the Sirius DASH 3x2 engine. I had a Sigma GSR-X back in the day with a Sirius DASH engine, was from an Eterna VR.

Power was approx 200hp which was impressive for the time it came out (1985). It redlined at 7000rpm despite still being a SOHC engine.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea it was in a rwd sigma but now he is going vr4 engine so id assume hes just sawpped it for his 2l sigma motor and kept his box

im getting so impatient looking for a vr4 motor im tempted to get it

why dont you collect the other bits you need while youre waiting for an engine.

when i get and engine im basically going to buy a sigma strip the whole thing and go for gold

dont have a place to store a car at the moment so once ive got an engine i may hire a storage place to strip the car

no point wasting money on the storage place now

plus engine is the big ticklet item so wanna get it outta the way

was guna use xmember, struts, gbox, gbox xmember and possibly diff

im certainley not wasting my time with the 1200 ex diff

need bigger front brakes anyways and it all seems to fit

will probably go hilux if i can get one close enough width, maybe alittle wider and just run fwd offset rims on the rear

no one wants to strip a sigma it seems and the only 1600cc crossmember iv found the people wanted $250 for rather buy a whole sigma

was guna use xmember, struts, gbox, gbox xmember and possibly diff

im certainley not wasting my time with the 1200 ex diff

need bigger front brakes anyways and it all seems to fit

will probably go hilux if i can get one close enough width, maybe alittle wider and just run fwd offset rims on the rear

no one wants to strip a sigma it seems and the only 1600cc crossmember iv found the people wanted $250 for rather buy a whole sigma

sigma front brakes are the same size as lancer ones. I didnt need gearbos x member either, but that may be cos i got custom engine mounts. Personally i wouldnt buy a sigma, id just buy a 40$ gearbox cos thats pretty much the only thing you need and mock up some mounts and get an engineer to weld them. sigma drum brake diff would be only slightly stronger than a ex one, theres plenty of peeps using ex ones that havent broken. arent you just gonna build it to sell anyway? why waste extra cash when it would have no gain to you? :?

hey guys, just been rebuilding my 2l sigma motor, had to use another crank as my one was munted, found out that a g62b crank was the same as my 2l one

• 2 weeks later...

guys running vr4 motors are you running standard fuel lines?

anyone no what width the standard lines are?

what are you guys using as your booster pumps?

looking in the engine bay my lancer appears to have a return fuel line which is handy

and have you guys changed from vr4 oil filter mounts to starion oil filter mounts?

just wondering if the vr4 clears the crossmember fine?and no other problems with it?

i had no probs, with the gearbox if they are the right bolt pattern then it prob wont matter either way what you get. im still using the standard center console and its fine.

cheers mate

also anybody is there any way to tell the difference between a 1600 or 1200cc ex lancer engine crosmmember?

have a guy who has got one but not sure which model its out of

visually looks the same but i dont have my one out yet to compare

any measurements i can take on it or anything?

cheers guys

• 5 weeks later...

1600 crossmember has even mounts.with the 1200 one of the mounts is set ferther back, ie, not straight with each other.Can use a 1200 cross member unless you made a custom mont for the offset side.

• 1 month later...

contains pics for the starion internals into a l200/sigma gearbox case

http://www.dentsport.com/gallery/v/dsg/tech/starion/

In regards to "wideblock" vs "narrowblock"

As a rule of thumb:

Turbo + North/South orientation = wideblock, 330mm between bottom bellhousing dowel pins

All others (including East/West orientation Turbo) = narrowblock, 310mm

There are exceptions to the rule though, some 4G52s and 4G54s are wideblock depending if auto or not, and some later model 4G64 van engines are wideblock also.