Seedy Al's 1981 Toyota Cressida Rx30

Seedy Al

Discussion //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/20513-seedy-als-japboso-rx30-cressida/?hl=%2Bseedy+%2Bcressida

SO I have had this car for a while, bought it with cuts in the front, and rear springs in the boot. Took it for a drive, and the back shock broke off the eyelet just as I was driving past some cops. Seemed the sparks of the shock draggin the ground caught there attention, and got pink stickered. But if a bummer, but hwta the hell. So

I got into, Is now Running custom coil overs in the front and shorterned shocks all round.

Got a cert last week, went for wof today, and still failed on shocks and springs, so more pissing round required. Basicly i just want an old school japanese stlyed ride that no one else has, so thats not to hard.

have been getting sick of hearing the words Boso and drift put together with rides that have no dish, 1 inch of dish is not deep dish!!!!!!!!!

The wheels are 14x8 and 14x7.5 'American racing' which is a japanese copy of Volks basicly.

But here is a pic anyway, will update as I go.

Future plans are oil cooler and a few fiberglass mods, like a front air dam, and maybe one of those crazy under body spoliers for the rear. Oh and some crazy Exhaust

PB140188.jpg

Allan the Seedy

just sorted springs and stuff for rear so I can get wof, dx wagon shocks and cuts, but I am sad, sits about 40 mm higher than before at the back, so looks like I will get some customs made to sort that shit back down.

Its all $$$$ oh well, its there to be spent

Allan

• 2 weeks later...

Well, took it for the warrent, and then the recheck yesterday, I am so close I can taste it.

Took it down after doing everything that was on the warrent list, and then Bam, got a diffrent tester dude, who failed it on extra rust!

But dont blam him, when I had a look it was pretty bad, So I got that all sorted this evening, and will take it back down first thing tomorrow, and talk to the guy who checked it origianlly, who happens to have one of these sitting in his back yard, Which I will be buying. that is a gay ass long sentance,

Anyway, If I get wof Tomorrow, I will take mega pics of the whore.

Hopefully I will also be pickin up my new short term project, a datsun 620 ute, Which I will start another project thread for.Man, I really know how to torcher my self...... Sorry for the lack of pics, I am gay

Allllan

So I took it down for the third time, sort of expecting to get a warrent this time, but no. What the hell, they keep on adding stuff to the list, I dont get it, How can stuff all of a sudden be wrong with it, that was fine the day before, this is a bit beyond a joke. Im pretty ready to kill.......

Anyway, VINZ suck, dont ever get a pink sticker, its not worth the hassel

Allan

Yay, an update with pics,

Set out today to hopefully do the last bit of rust for this dman warrent on this stupid car.

So I picked it up this morning from VINZ, and the good guy down there showed me where the other inspecters thought needed attention, after calling them wankers etc, which was great. anyway, three bits of rust.

So some pictures, first I set out to sort the hole in the end of the sill, looked like this after i welded in the patches,and put some seam sealer on it, after this was the under coat.

PC010197.jpg

Next was the tiny bubble of rust on the top of the c piller. there was a tiny hole, so a quick weld, and hole is gone

PC010200.jpg

After that, was where they had hammered a screw driver through the rust, I nkow this, becasue it was dented to hell around it, bastards.

Anyway, Firstly, cut out the rust

PC010202.jpg

PC010214.jpg

Next, I metal prepped the area underneath, and all the other areas I had already done.

If anyone is doing rust work on a car, I swear by this shit, You scrub it into the bare metal with a scotch bright pad, and have it diluted with warm water. Keep it wet for a few minutes with the solution, then wash it down with a wet rag, after a few minutes, the metal goes blue, and rust blacky. and thats it, Stops rust fast.

PC010208.jpg

After that, its time to make a patch, seen here in place

PC010216.jpg

After its all welded in, I use this thing here. Its a grinder, but jas a sanding attachment on it. It is the best fucken tool in the world for cleaning up welding, peroid. It does the best job, smooth as, and doesnt distort the metal like a whore.

PC010210.jpg

And then the result from all that hard work

PC010222.jpg

After that, I sprayed all the areas I had done with rust proof primer, which is oxidy colourd. And tomorrow, I will take the area with some bog, to make them look great.

Anway, more pics of the car in general, a pic of the wheels etc

PC010225.jpg

PC010226.jpg

PC010230.jpg

PC010234.jpg

Great.

Well, GOT WOF TODAY, fucken great. I am happy as. But now I have to sort the paint out where I did the repairs. Talked to the painter, 1 liter of paint will be mint. if we cant blend it, then will only need to paint out the roof.

Will get the colour match sorted tomorrow. which means I need to take the petrol flap off. But its ok.

Allan

• 3 weeks later...

So today I sold the Beast, to pies, goodie

So thats the end of that story for a while, I do have a mrk 2 of the same shape lined up, and I got to keep my wheels, so Im happy, pies is happy, we are all happy!

Anyway, there are plenty more fish in the sea, althhough, I do wish i had got to drive it alot more than I had, as that was like never. oh well.

Allan