SINISTER's 1973 Toyota Crown MS65

Sinister

Project Discussion

Picked me up a 1973 Crown - MS-65 Sedan on Trademe for $1500. Pretty good cond. Nothing that can't be fixed I say!

After that I journeyed down south to pick up some 18" Advanti 5 spoke mags. Was a bit steep ($1000) but i wasnt concerned at the time. I just wanted the standard ones off there! Here are pics after the Wellington trip with the new wheels. Notice the dirt marks from the harsh New Zealand roads :P

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

Also cut a coil off the rear springs as you can see, have yet to do the fronts.

Mr. Flawless, flawed my pocket by making me shell out for new front springs that didnt lower the front at all.

Future plans include a full repaint (gloss/satin black), new exuast, engine rebuild, pimping out the interior with *bling bling* stainless steel, cutties in the fronts and then shorten shocks to make captive. Not in any particular order.

Chur Chur

• 5 weeks later...

Last weekend i get pulled over by the cop's, while on my resricted, while carrying passengers late at night after town, WHILE INTOXICATED, only to have them point out that my car doors were damaged. Surprised I didnt see them when I got into the car. But anyway, that was a very bad moment to find that some fuckwit out there has kicked in both the front 2 doors, and thrown bottles resulting in 2 dents. The bottle dents are fixable ... the doors however. are not.

Im surprised the cops didnt arrest me for flipping out like I did!

• 1 year later...

Well. It's about bloody time that I made an update on this thing!

After the tradgic events of the last post, I had lost my willpower in the car and lost interest for quite sometime with it in storage at my olds. If you look at the post dates on this thread you will notice it has been pretty much a YEAR since I have even touched the crown. Quite embaressing.

Recently I have deceided to stop moping around and get on with it.

First of all thanks to Sam (Loceda) for hooking me up with the front doors, shown in the pictures as green. This was a great help in replacing the damaged doors and was able to get back on track. I have also replaced a damage rear right door with one that came as a spare part for the car.

ANYWAYS...

I have spent the last week off work sanding down the crown in an Air hanger.

(yes, an Old School'r with no garage of his own *shock horror*)

Since there has been lack of pics, i have taken quite a few tonight.

The job isnt 100% complete. But you get the drift...

dsc03474ao1.jpg

dsc03475rw7.jpg

dsc03477kv3.jpg

dsc03480wt9.jpg

dsc03481pk8.jpg

INTERIOR

dsc03479fk3.jpg

dsc03478fw5.jpg

dsc03484zw3.jpg

OLD DOOR DAMAGE

dsc03485bq2.jpg

dsc03493zy7.jpg

dsc03494ir9.jpg

EPIC NIGHT SHOTS

dsc03495je2.jpg

dsc03498ww2.jpg

dsc03499ze4.jpg

dsc03500qu4.jpg

dsc03503jz7.jpg

dsc03504qr1.jpg

ARTSY SHIT (Now I recall why I love this car)

dsc03510kp1.jpg

dsc03511du6.jpg

dsc03512tp9.jpg

I know its alot of pictures for just a sanded down car. I will filter out some when I add more updates, so it keeps the project thread average size.

Oh and for those who are wondering, the rear right door isnt on because just as I was about to put it on, I noticed that the opening mechanism was broken and the handle was jammed. Grrrr.

I have decided to leave the majority of the chrome on for now as it is awfuly brittle when trying to remove.

I just have to get a little bit of paneling done. Which will hopefully be quoted this weekend!

Project Discussion

I will keep yall posted with any advancements