Who's going to Te Onepu hillclimbs this year?

Cazza

Will probably get dad to take the falcon up = work gas :P ... Not sure if I'll bother with a trailer though, if I crash or it brakes I'll figure out a way home after. Will hopefully have an incar/bumper cam by then aswell.

Anyone been there before? Know what the roads like and how to get there?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its pretty easy to find and the roads arent to bad. If you are heading to Hastings from the south, you may be familiar with a maori boys high school in the middle of no where, "te Aute", between Waipawa and hastings, its just past that.

Ahh yeah I know Te Aute.

Going to enter Pukeora Rd on the sundsy cause Dad said it's an awesome event and it's closer to Palmy and is longer so should be good. Quite looking forward to this now, apparently the roads all covered in moss in places so will have to go to some mossy backroads and have a practice :P .

Nah mang, read back over what we were talking about earlier, it's a clubsport event so unless it's outlined in the Suplimentary regs (Which it's not) you don't have to ahve a cage. Basically open to any car that will pass scruit as long as the driver has a membership and a clubsport licence...

Should be great fun, and I'm going to try and push my hardest for a Pahiatua track Hillclimb down here sometime... Might be hard cause the roads getting a bit busy...

saddle rd??? have i been on this markku?

and nah i enjoy vinager hill ??? road whn i come dwn to palmey im detoring that way now

major detor but meh

gtz for the win...................when it goes :x

going through rewa isn't a detour. is way faster than going the main road I've found. reckon you save a good 20min

plus it's an awesome road. used to go through there in a hilux for work a few years back a couple times a week at one stage.

jumps onto the bailey bridge = mega fun

saddle road = opposite side of gorge to the track. it runs through the newer windfarm with the huge as windmills. you pass right under them

Yeah you haven't been on it yet Jared but I plan on it when you next come down, it used to be used for a wrc stage and is used in Daybreaker and Targa rallies nowadays, so it a great road really. It's not the usual place to go cause it's further from Palmy.

Cam- Haha yeah Vinagar hill is heaps faster, esp if going to Feilding :P , not to great on the gas though :o I like the corners at the top with the view over the land on a sunny day are great.

Yeah you haven't been on it yet Jared but I plan on it when you next come down, it used to be used for a wrc stage and is used in Daybreaker and Targa rallies nowadays, so it a great road really. It's not the usual place to go cause it's further from Palmy.

Cam- Haha yeah Vinagar hill is heaps faster, esp if going to Feilding :P , not to great on the gas though :o I like the corners at the top with the view over the land on a sunny day are great.

stormy point?

yuh tis great up there.

saddle has had a bit of work done on it of late it seems... quite a bit of loose chip here and there..... was a little slippery, even in the bro's 4wd hilux the other day, had the ass out slightly..