dylan

PAINT THREAD

Yeah, I figured it's a marketing exercise but I wrote to them anyway just to see what really qualifies as "protection". I've been rolling the 3M ones for a while now, I don't reckon they give you much protection from 2k. I've only shot it a couple times when I needed to use an epoxy. I was outside and upstream from the spray and I still reckon it got me despite being covered head to toe.

Hi fellas. Wanting to paint my trailer. Its been painted before but it starting to show surface rust. Whats the best kind of paint to give it a coat of paint for cheap.  Wanting something hearty . Not to concerned about finish 

20181109_064016-1612x1209.jpg

7 hours ago, IvyMike said:

Yeah, I figured it's a marketing exercise but I wrote to them anyway just to see what really qualifies as "protection". I've been rolling the 3M ones for a while now, I don't reckon they give you much protection from 2k. I've only shot it a couple times when I needed to use an epoxy. I was outside and upstream from the spray and I still reckon it got me despite being covered head to toe.

From what I researched up, they for the most part do, but they can't say they do because if a bloke painting for a living uses them and gets cancer they will get sued and it's not worth it.

TLDR

Decent filters will be good protection for a small time user along with glasses, gloves and overalls

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mutiny said:

Hi fellas. Wanting to paint my trailer. Its been painted before but it starting to show surface rust. Whats the best kind of paint to give it a coat of paint for cheap.  Wanting something hearty . Not to concerned about finish 

20181109_064016-1612x1209.jpg

Spooge this on?

https://www.bunnings.co.nz/dy-mark-1l-zinc-gal-metal-protection-paint_p01580763