dylan

PAINT THREAD

On 7/12/2018 at 20:06, Lord Gruntfuttock said:

Anyone heard of/used Meiji guns?

Picked  one up today at the tip recycling shop. Saw 'Japan' and thought it seemed well made, and feels nice in the hand, prob better than the supercheap  ones I'm using now?  Has a 2.0mm tip , suction type with 1 litre cup so may be useful for primer? Really don't know if it's good or garbage but thought for $7 it was worth grabbing...

Searched for info on MC model but seems it's too old to feature on the website. Will see how it looks after a clean and maybe give it a go...

It'll be fine for primer / filler. 2mm tip is big so not suitable for top coats (colour or clear)

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, tortron said:

Go to rali on tr rapa straight (resene auto and industrial) they seemed oretty good when i bought some 2k from them legally

Linkup paint supplies has also been very helpful when iv had paint matched

Thanks torton. I'll try them Resene and if no luck, then Linkup :)

On 7/14/2018 at 15:57, Scrubb said:

Thanks torton. I'll try them Resene and if no luck, then Linkup :)

Super cheap does paint matching now too, maybe cheaper to get aerosol can and spray into airbrush gun

18 hours ago, datlow said:

Super cheap does paint matching now too, maybe cheaper to get aerosol can and spray into airbrush gun

Yeah, I was sure they did too, but the only thing they could do for me is make up some paint from different swatches they had, and of course nothing matched :(

I've got a panel beating place painting my front guards and bumper at the moment so I've asked them if they can match some paint for me :)

• Like 1