PAINT THREAD

dylan

First off for the cracks I personally would strip all the bog out then use a hammer n dolly to try an get it straight as possible then do a skim of bog on the whole dent area then block sand it back. Yes you can just sand the clear then prime over.

To get rid of pin-holes in the bog try mixing the hardner/bog differently, try "fold" it rather than swirl it around

Hmmmm, ill see what i can do, yea i swirl mix it, ill try fold it in etc and see how i get on i hate pinholes.

How should i go down thru the grades of grit when sanding the bog?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First tin of bog I got was Turbo, at the time I thought it was great untill I got K&H Toucan which I use now and is only 10 bucks or so more for a big tin

Yeah same deal here, I usually use 40 then 120-150 then prime, Is wet sanding primer better or what?, I've always just dry sanded it..

First tin of bog I got was Turbo, at the time I thought it was great untill I got K&H Toucan which I use now and is only 10 bucks or so more for a big tin

Yeah same deal here, I usually use 40 then 120-150 then prime, Is wet sanding primer better or what?, I've always just dry sanded it..

yup.toucan's good stuff,EZI-lite is imo the best..american stuff

as for wet sanding..each to there own,no biggy

I have posted this somewhere else but here it is again just for the paint thread - Setting up your spray gun

http://www.hotrodders.com/kb/body-exter ... aygun.html

Avenger or any other painter, if theres anything wrong with that link then explain/discuss, But it worked great for me (the setup part)

veiwed it awhile back,seems fine.altho i carnt be arsed reading it again :lol:

Im going to be painting one of my front guards that ive had to do abit of welding and panelling on.

Ill be buying my own paint gun and am wanting to spend around $350-400. Any advice on what i should get/ things to look out for etc?

I dont really know much about this kinda stuff

chur

Just go with something branded. I have a Devillbiss GTI (non-hvlp) and that cost me 450, and I love it especially compared to any other gun I've used except for a Sata something.. which was 1000+

Sata and Devillbiss are damn good brands, a few others I know of are Binks and Iwata, Avenger said Welmade are good guns, which are cheaper I think

Painted the back bumper of my car today, was pretty stoked with the results, will try do the front on monday.

Basically ruffed it up with some 80 grit. cleaned with wax and grease remover. sprayed on some of shit plastic adhesive shit which makes it stick better, primered then painted. it haad aa few drips (was a spray can job) but came out looking pretty sweet i feel.

Ive got a few small rust spots around the hatch and in the door area i want to see to. any one got any reccomendatins on a easy way to get at it, if/what rust killer i should use, bog etc.

never use super cheap rust killer/protection when my roof was in bare metal i sprayed that all over it then tried to prime over it and the primer just flaked off so i had to go over the roof again and get all that shit off :evil:

Probably because that stuff doesnt stick to bare metal very well, rust killer is meant to go on rust, not clean metal :wink:

Use etch primer for that shit