PAINT THREAD

dylan

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Bling said:

Were the cartridges legit 3M? Price is good! Where is the air filtered on the positive air setup? Do you need to put the compressor outside so it's drawing fresh air, rather than filtering it?

I think they are 3m badged...but Chinese. I might use the for other jobs one day but for now they just got thrown in the drawer.

I put my compressor outside in the fresh air away from the paint spray so I was breathing in nice clean air. There is a water trap and a filter on the belt as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Why is Raptor Liner so damn expensive in NZ?

On Amazon it works out to be about $185 NZD but but won't ship here.

NZ suppliers crazy pricing:

$519 for the basic 4L without a gun. - https://autoprestige.co.nz/collections/raptor-bed-liner 

$365 with the gun isn't as bad but still - https://www.refinish.co.nz/raptor-kit-black-plus-gun/

• Like 1

Hey what does everyone do for paint inside doors? 

The doors I have were dipped before I got them and primed inside and out obviously the outside will get painted the colour of the car but what about inside? Im guessing they need sealed better than just primer? 

Cheers

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ill admit to asking a dumb question here. but if anyone has some recent experience that would be good

how much would I be looking at spending to get this thing painted? not after show car spec, just tidy it up in the same white (enamel?) and sort out some surface rust on the roof before it goes bad. usual stone chips and stuff

id paint it myself if it was a matt colour, which I might do yet, ive had a couple of ideas

chur

20180721_173403.jpg

9 hours ago, cletus said:

ill admit to asking a dumb question here. but if anyone has some recent experience that would be good

how much would I be looking at spending to get this thing painted? not after show car spec, just tidy it up in the same white (enamel?) and sort out some surface rust on the roof before it goes bad. usual stone chips and stuff

id paint it myself if it was a matt colour, which I might do yet, ive had a couple of ideas

chur

20180721_173403.jpg

$3-$5 k

In 2K white.

Any reasonable painter will want to prime the car, plus sort out the chips, rusting etc.

Therefore two full sandings and blocking, masking x 2 plus ? time to sort minor issues.

I've been fixing quite a few hail damaged Aus cars, and it's around $3500 for roof repair, Cant rails, bonnet (usually replace).

• Thanks 1

Considering same except in black for my falcon. I really cbf doing it myself/have no time

Also the crowd I went to on occasion in the past has changed hands and are only interested in insurance/collision repairs now so no idea where to start looking for someone remotely trustworthy

On 18/04/2019 at 22:11, cletus said:

chur

20180721_173403.jpg

Those jelly beans are on point 

• Like 2