Cute Wee Gem's Mini Clubman

Just got a mini off a mate for free, engine/front subframe is out of it. most parts there etc, bugger all rust, pretty original except the tiny tridents, will post some pics up on a better day. He's done a crap bog-job on it, so ill sand it right back and start again from scratch with some hammers this time, although there isnt a hell of alot of dents, pretty straight really

Don't know much info on these lil things but i got it for free so can't complain, just need a brake master cylinder (i think thats all)

Discussion Thread: //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/19931-ke20-lorollas-mini/page-1?hl=clubman

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

First day of the holidays today, so went pretty nuts all day on the mini.. just stripping paint/bog and now have a headache from dust/paint and a funny taste in my mouth :x

20060703image00011yu.jpg

20060703image00048qg.jpg

20060703image00070kv.jpg

20060703image00185fz.jpg

Did abit on engine bay last week, still stripping it out..

20060703image00115xq.jpg

Sharing the garage with my sisters car/project

20060703image00086qg.jpg

Primered the inside of the mini today, still needs abit of work in there but its mostly done.. got a huge headache cause mask is fucked.. so i rushed it. Done some other work over the last few days but never took pics.. I'm hoping to get her on the road by my birthday on 23rd aug.. or atleast painted :lol:

20060713image00015ve.jpg

20060713image00069de.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

20060727image0001nv0.jpg

20060727image0004hg0.jpg

Panels with red showing are now straight and bits with filler will be finished tomorrow, back end and boot need a bit of work, front valance needs fuck all

PS, drivers door is trucked.. has a big dent and was filled with like 1.5cm of bog over the whole front half and the passenger door is full of rust

• 2 weeks later...

Work on the Mini has slowed down unfortunatly, due to school etc but have done some work the last few days..

Rear getting the bog treatment, Its all ripply as I think it might have been nudged from behind, was straight before but I decided to strip all the bog out anyway and start from scratch. Will be snowboarding all next week so unfortunatly no progress will be made, but by the end of next weekend it should be near paint :wink:

20060804image00121zi7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No real updates except the car is back in primer, been lazy last few weeks and kinda waiting on doors..

The reason I'm looking for new doors.. rusty one could possibly be fixed, and other one re-skinned or bogged :cry: Really don't want to bog it though

20060824image0016fg8.jpg

20060824image0020yx2.jpg

Panelbeater told me I can use his booth again! :twisted: .. what a good cunt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This morning I decided to rip out the broken, shitty looking aerial out of the guard

20061029image0002fx3.jpg

It isn't great but it was done with an ARC welder as thats all I've got.. Got the metal out of a ke2* guard, I opted for this instead of the supra one cause its about 3 times as thick :lol:

20061029image0007xu6.jpg

Not bad for the resources I've got, and it sure beats n00btech and chicken mesh :wink:

20061029image0008nz8.jpg