P_Star's 1979 Toyota Crown MS85

P_Star

Hey all figured I may as well put up a wee progress report and keep you all abreast of how things are goin.

Ok well first up, purchased a 1979 MS85 4 door. auto, ugly colour etc

started cutting out the rust etc..... amazing how much rust was hidden under the bog. Fortunately it all seems to be in easy enough to reach spots (bottom of doors, a bit round the trim etc. so hope to have it all cut out in a couple of weeks. then onto the filling and painting excercise.

heres a few "before" pics (well with a bit of rust out and some black primer patches) will keep updating the pics.

Plan is for a comfortable cruiser. Probably Matt black for ease of application in the first instance.. then possibly gloss black with a hint of bronze for that "cola" sort of colour. low, tints and wheels

any info on the easiest way to lower this, plus wheel offsets etc greatly appreciated. Am doin this on a serious(ly low) budget so doin most of the work myself (poor wee crown)

it also has some fairly serious interior work to be done as the seats are all shagged, no carpet, dash currently in the boot etc. so wish me luck

crown7small.jpg

crown5small.jpg

crown3small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so made a bit more progress have stripped the old girl and deleted

the real door handles and started sanding and fixing up the rust issues,

heres some pics anyway.........

465dafe5.jpg

39dc8a3c.jpg

3f96cab3.jpg

P6180037.jpg

a47265e4.jpg

P6080004.jpg

P6080002.jpg

will keep the updates coming, plan is for paint in the next couple of weeks, then hopefully re reg and rollin'

• 1 month later...

Ok so thought it best i do a wee update on the tank.

rust is gone, holes (including door handles) gone and filled.

most of bog sanded. got bored on weekend and sprayed a very very very dodgy matt black "guide coat" even though it is a long way from being ready to spray haha.

so currently looking like sum kinda gangsta mad max contraption.

wish i could just thrash it round like that.. i = teh road warrior stz

everyone else on road = runnin screaming afraid etc... anyway

pics

they = crap taken at night!

crown2small039.jpg

crown2small038.jpg

crown2small034.jpg

crown2small036.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well, was correct. It did look rancid.

mainly due to my inneptitude and not having enough paint. oh well shit happens.

have now puchased some satin black and painted all the bits i could do, sills etc will sand back the abortion that is the yellow paint tomorrow when it is dry enough and spray the rest of the black.

Initial observation... much less taxi cab and much more badassness. only problem being the black shows up my inept prep work even worse. oh well it is livable with and at this point in time I just want to get the sack on the road and out of my folks gagage..... the live bloody miles from my place and also they getting a bit miffed at havin afforementiones shitter in the garage for 3 months while their non rusty cars get rusty out in the rain. Ah the joy of having offspring.

anyway pics when painted.

Well that didn't go quite as well as planned. random patches.... like roughly one per panel. reacted somehow and all the paint cracked and lifted. so spent most of last nite scraping goo off the car. looks like I got it all now so will sand it back.... yet again. and have another go at getting some colour on there finally. car nearly got pushed onto road and set alight!

I am very sure it is gonna look like a complete bucket of arse. but at this point in time i do not give a flying fuckcicle. pics of assorted fuckups to come

• 3 weeks later...

ok you fuckers heres some pics, no ban! haha

shit = them meh. get over it.

primer1.jpg

spraying the primer.. yellow primer ftw when painting yellow.

blackandyellowsmall.jpg

several steps later, fucked black over fucked yellow. making my head fucked.

blackandyellow2small.jpg

more of the above. sux to be me... all going so well untill the paint went on!

black8small.jpg yeah yeah so my sanding/bogging/handle shaving skills arent the best.... fuck you anyway

Black... finally all sort of one colour

black2.jpg

more of the same

black3.jpg

will post pics of finishe(ish) deal with some chrome and shit back on when i take some so stop whining you bitches!

• 2 weeks later...

OK beetchehs here ya go. pics of the (more or less) finished project. actually fuck that it is miles from finished! anyway painted and with most of the trim back on there anyway. enjoy/fuck off either way... ok so its still not the most beautiful thing on the road but chip foose I aint... give it a few months and no doubt i will strip it and start again. meantime need to get it vinned and lowered...... and considering something a bit different for the engine... will do homework and let you all know if its gonna work.

crownfrontquarter1.jpg

crownfrontsidesmall.jpg

crownfrontquarter2.jpg

Crownfrontsmall.jpg

crownrearsmall.jpg

crownrearquarter2small.jpg