Fuel's 1982 TE71 Liftback

AE25

good to see another E7 on the mod!

can you detail what your doing to the 2tgeu?

you prolly know this but meh...

your te71 stub axles are same dimension as ae86 so theoretically you can swap the 85/86 hubs or just the vented disk onto your hubs but the caliper mounts are different so cant swap em as easy and the te71 caliper not wide enough for the vented disks.

another option tho is ae85 struts which are same as 86 strut cept some hav different spring perch size n then buy some new vented disks for em, swap em onto the 85 hubs and adapt some different calipers on that are wide enough for the vented disk unless you can source 86 calipers including the caliper mounts. bit of stuffing round tho with custom caliper mount and prolly get picked up in a wof.

cressida, celica etc 10" vented struts can work well but require camber plates to bring camber back in spec, gives more track width and upsets brake bias without finding a bias valve to suit, also ma61 struts are bulkier with thicker disk than say ta63 celica. but using these type struts also require different springs to fit your rolla and wont bolt onto your steering arms. need a bit of research to see whats required to fit in etc..

this page will help http://www.toycrazy.net/tech/struts.html

bolt in disk brake diffs can be found in ae86 and jdm te71 efi. the rest require mountings modified.. the corona disk brake rear referred to is quite a rare 2000GT RT132 with 18RGEU and 7.5" disk diff.. very similar diff also found in ra40 GT style celica but again hard to come by.

im running mk1 celica/supra ma45 struts which bolt onto te71 steering arms, dont stuff camber up like the later celica's do, have a 10" solid disk but which get hot pretty quick so need decent pads. oh and need to find suitable springs and bias valve.

easiest bolt in is find some ae86 struts and splash out for some decent street pads.

• 3 weeks later...

Not really. I'm working on a pretty tight budget, both money and time wise.

I have a 2T-GEU in peices in my garage, am slowly putting it back together with new bearings, rings, gaskets etc.

It has an S series diff with drums unfortunately, and tiny solid 240mm rotors on the front. Suspension is pretty sloppy - needs new bushes and shocks at least.

At the moment I'm just working on getting it looking tidy, then I can start with the serious stuff like dropping in the completed 2T-GEU and do something with the suspension and handling.