• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

lookin mean man

that thingyme you're asking is an engine breather, yup

try clean it out, and perhaps run a rocker cover with breather as well.

also some caem out with a breather saem as that on the timing case......

mini's can't have too much breathing. hence why they often have oil leaks, is due to pressure building in the crankcase etc..... just happens lol

but yuh. lookin top notch.

what are you running carb wise? didn't pay much attention

cheers mate, i think ill put a little breather filter on that thingame coming from the block, and yea, a newer roker cover is on its way hopefully

well the carbs at the moment are just the standard twin SU's.

i want to run a dellorto or weber, but thats easier said than done, as most sideys and maniflods you need to cut into the bulkhead which i am reluctant to do as i want to keep the centre dash, so im looking for a down draught to fit on and maybe open it up a bit.

yea the ones that it came with seemed to cope with the head, valves and cam that had been upgraded quite well, how would i find out what sizing SU's they are, i dont really know what size they are because the guy i baught it off was somewhat clueless, so i may have stumbled across the 1.5's without knowing. :?

hey, just one thing about the 1.5 SU's, can i get 2 single 1.5's and use the linkages from the 1.25's to make twin 1.5's?

thaught it might be a cheaper option as i already have one 1.5 and buying another single is pretty cheap.

cheers for the help cam :D

nope

manifolds are different, and cant change the side of the carb which float chamber etc is on... if you get what i mena

really need cam and head etc to make use of them. esp on a 998.

will make a bit of difference but not really worth it for work involved and cost of getting 1.5s

I've a 12g295 head which needs valves, apart from that is perfect. cams are easy to get reground in a decent profile....

do it :P

lol, nah the engine ive got is a pretty good set up, 1340 head and a fairly lumpy mild race cam, lightened race valves and springs...

im thinking ill just leave the carb set up as it is until a bit later on as its something i can do when the engine is in, that way i wont have to skimp out anywhere and give the engine the petrol it deserves :lol:

thanks anyway man